Topiramate and Pristiq drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Topiramate and Pristiq. Common interactions include drug withdrawal syndrome among females and retching among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Topiramate and Pristiq have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 60 people who take Topiramate and Pristiq from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
60 people who take Topiramate and Pristiq together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Topiramate?
Topiramate has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. eHealthMe is studying from 40,619 Topiramate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pristiq?
Pristiq has active ingredients of desvenlafaxine succinate. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 19,399 Pristiq users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Topiramate and Pristiq reports submitted per year:
Common Topiramate and Pristiq drug interactions by gender *:
- Drug withdrawal syndrome
- Essential tremor
- Gait disturbance
- General physical health deterioration
- Grand mal convulsion
- Lipids decreased
- Frequent bowel movements
- Infective myositis
- Lip swelling
- Lung disorder
- Mastication disorder
Common Topiramate and Pristiq drug interactions by age *:
- Cerebrovascular accident
- Intracranial venous sinus thrombosis
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- Weight decreased
- Blood pressure increased
- Chest pain
- Gastrointestinal disorder
- Injection site pain
- Intracranial venous sinus thrombosis
- Peroneal nerve palsy
- Psychotic disorder
- Staphylococcal infection
- Sudden death
- Pain in extremity
- Abdominal pain upper
- Decreased appetite
- Increased appetite
- Infection parasitic
- Multiple fractures
- Pain in extremity
- Suicidal ideation
- Wrist fracture
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 8 people, 13.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 13.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 11.67%
- Pain: 7 people, 11.67%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 7 people, 11.67%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 6 people, 10.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 8.33%
- Birth Control: 5 people, 8.33%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 5 people, 8.33%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 4 people, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Topiramate and Pristiq?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
- Kocamaz, M., & Karadag, O., "Topiramate-Induced Acute Myopia, Diplopia, and Photosensitivity: A Case Report", Beyoglu Eye Journal, 2019 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Topiramate (40,619 reports)
- Pristiq (19,399 reports)
Common Topiramate and Pristiq interactions:
- Pain: 5 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Topiramate and Pristiq:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Topiramate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 4,046 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,566 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,428 reports
- Dizziness: 1,720 reports
- Migraine (headache): 1,644 reports
- Pain: 1,627 reports
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1,516 reports
- Drowsiness: 1,501 reports
Browse all side effects of Topiramate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Pristiq side effects:
- Dizziness: 1,487 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,485 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,375 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,312 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1,211 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,130 reports
Browse all side effects of Pristiq:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Topiramate interactions:
- Topiramate and Gabapentin: 5,142 reports
- Topiramate and Levetiracetam: 4,126 reports
- Topiramate and Lamotrigine: 3,738 reports
- Topiramate and Clonazepam: 3,691 reports
- Topiramate and Omeprazole: 3,119 reports
- Topiramate and Vitamin d: 2,521 reports
- Topiramate and Valproic acid: 2,424 reports
- Topiramate and Carbamazepine: 2,292 reports
- Topiramate and Aspirin: 2,178 reports
- Topiramate and Tramadol: 2,065 reports
Browse all interactions between Topiramate and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Pristiq interactions:
- Pristiq and Xanax: 870 reports
- Pristiq and Synthroid: 621 reports
- Pristiq and Klonopin: 561 reports
- Pristiq and Lisinopril: 552 reports
- Pristiq and Seroquel: 505 reports
- Pristiq and Ambien: 494 reports
- Pristiq and Wellbutrin: 484 reports
- Pristiq and Effexor: 440 reports
- Pristiq and Abilify: 431 reports
- Pristiq and Clonazepam: 417 reports
Browse all interactions between Pristiq and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on topiramate and desvenlafaxine succinate (the active ingredients of Topiramate and Pristiq, respectively), and Topiramate and Pristiq (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Topiramate and Pristiq.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Eliquis and Periarthritis - 2 seconds ago
- Yaz and Xylocaine drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Mircera and Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged - 8 seconds ago
- Pirfenidone and Hyperbilirubinaemia Aggravated - 9 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Clonus - 9 seconds ago
- Benzonatate and Oral Mucosal Blistering - 11 seconds ago
- Micardis and Jentadueto drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Eskalith and Acute Respiratory Failure - 24 seconds ago
- Propranolol Hydrochloride and Vasculitis - 43 seconds ago
- Capecitabine and Psoriasis Aggravated - 45 seconds ago