Toprol-xl and Mucinex drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Toprol-xl and Mucinex. Common interactions include anaemia among females and dyspnoea among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Toprol-xl and Mucinex have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 161 people who take Toprol-xl and Mucinex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
161 people who take Toprol-xl and Mucinex together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Toprol-xl?
Toprol-xl has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 40,581 Toprol-xl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Mucinex?
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. eHealthMe is studying from 25,362 Mucinex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Toprol-xl and Mucinex reports submitted per year:
Toprol-xl and Mucinex drug interactions by gender *:
Toprol-xl and Mucinex drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Toprol-xl and Mucinex?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Toprol-xl and Mucinex interactions:
- Chest pain: 47 reports
- Pain: 44 reports
- Weakness: 42 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 35 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 31 reports
- Dizziness: 29 reports
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 20 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Toprol-xl and Mucinex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Toprol-xl side effects:
- High blood pressure: 3,354 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,995 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,923 reports
- Pain: 2,876 reports
- Weakness: 2,857 reports
- Dizziness: 2,749 reports
Browse all side effects of Toprol-xl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Mucinex side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 2,133 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,786 reports
- Dizziness: 1,597 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,576 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,487 reports
- Pneumonia: 1,399 reports
Browse all side effects of Mucinex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Toprol-xl interactions:
- Toprol-xl and Lipitor: 6,489 reports
- Toprol-xl and Aspirin: 6,460 reports
- Toprol-xl and Plavix: 4,829 reports
- Toprol-xl and Lasix: 4,507 reports
- Toprol-xl and Norvasc: 3,899 reports
- Toprol-xl and Coumadin: 3,659 reports
- Toprol-xl and Zocor: 3,422 reports
- Toprol-xl and Lisinopril: 3,275 reports
- Toprol-xl and Synthroid: 3,254 reports
- Toprol-xl and Nexium: 3,250 reports
Browse all interactions between Toprol-xl and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Mucinex interactions:
- Mucinex and Aspirin: 3,712 reports
- Mucinex and Prednisone: 2,941 reports
- Mucinex and Albuterol: 2,524 reports
- Mucinex and Vitamin d: 2,427 reports
- Mucinex and Singulair: 2,226 reports
- Mucinex and Omeprazole: 2,094 reports
- Mucinex and Tylenol: 1,872 reports
- Mucinex and Spiriva: 1,812 reports
- Mucinex and Lisinopril: 1,767 reports
- Mucinex and Zyrtec: 1,745 reports
Browse all interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metoprolol succinate and guaifenesin (the active ingredients of Toprol-xl and Mucinex, respectively), and Toprol-xl and Mucinex (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Toprol-xl and Mucinex.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Drug Screen False Positive and drugs of ingredients of baclofen - 2 seconds ago
- Bee Pollen vs. Metformin Hydrochloride - 4 seconds ago
- Hydromorphone Hydrochloride vs. Depakote - 4 seconds ago
- Xolair and Insomnia - 5 seconds ago
- Trandolapril vs. Amiloride Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide - 6 seconds ago
- Apresoline vs. Alprazolam - 9 seconds ago
- Bud vs. Cymbalta - 10 seconds ago
- Norvasc vs. Ibu - 11 seconds ago
- Avapro vs. Allopurinol - 21 seconds ago
- Twynsta vs. Levothyroxine Sodium - 23 seconds ago