Unisom and Protonix drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Unisom and Protonix together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Unisom and Protonix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 01, 2017
45 people who take Unisom, Protonix are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeUnisom and Protonix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Unisom has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Unisom 1,538 users)
Protonix has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Protonix 55,370 users)
Interactions between Unisom and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Protonix and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Unisom and Protonixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Unisom (doxylamine succinate) is often used to treat insomnia. Protonix (pantoprazole sodium) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Unisom is used in:
- Protonix is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I took one some 350 and wanted to take a unison doxitrine (spelled wrong) 25mg to sleep. Is it safe to take both?
- Presented with 70% total paralysis. Potassium was 1.7. Muscle enzymes were over 4000. Daily meds before symptoms presented-celexa, ambien, OxyContin, unisom. Consumed 12-15 cans of Coca Cola per day. I have stopped all cokes. What is my prognosis according to other patients with similar symptoms ...
- Diagnosed with bronchiectasis and gerd. 48 Year old female.
- I recently received a false posative hair stat with grave consequences. I was hoping someone could help
- I am age 62 and this year the doctors have found i have bladder cancer. I have been prescribed Ptotonix for maybe 20 years. Is there a correlation between the two?
User reviews to the study
- I have had a pacemaker for two years and at my recent check I am running at 75% usage (up from 19% six months ago). Because i feel fatigue and gaining weight my Dr ordered a Echo gram and suggests I may need a third wire. I take a generic Unisom for sleep and wonder if this causing a problem?
- Just started on Protonix about 3 weeks ago and every day for the last week i have had a severe migraine. my migraines before the protonix were about 2 a month max
- Help...I have just been diagnosed with osteoporosis of the spine with fractures. I am in a lot pain...and I have taken take protonix for over 10 yrs... Any suggestion on treatment ...all the doctors want to do is push pain meds at me..
- I have been taking unison for about 10 yrs nightly to sleep....recently stopped taking when i got pneumonia 6 wks ago. I have had nothing but trouble since! sinusitis, MRI MRA, migraine (?) ......I am now convinced it is unison withdrawal. What is the fix?? HELP please! Kathleen
- I have been on Protonix for gastritis for a problem of not being able to burp and everytime i ate my stomach got very bloated and felt like it was going to burst! It was scarey cause i could not burp and had to walk around the house for 3 hours trying to burp Im still suffering from feeling ...