Valproate sodium and Ondansetron drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Valproate sodium and Ondansetron together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Valproate sodium and Ondansetron. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 57 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
57 people who take Valproate sodium, Ondansetron are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- Cardiac failure acute
- Pulmonary oedema (fluid accumulation in the lungs)
- Confusional state
- Febrile neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells)
- Neutropenic sepsis (whole body infection is caused by a condition in which the number of white blood cells (called neutrophils) in the blood is low. neutrophils help the body to fight infection)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Valproate sodium and Ondansetron
- Subscribe to monitor Valproate sodium
- Subscribe to monitor Ondansetron
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Valproate sodium has active ingredients of valproate sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Valproate sodium 13,562 users)
Ondansetron has active ingredients of ondansetron. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Ondansetron 33,561 users)
Interactions between Valproate sodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ondansetron and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Valproate sodium and Ondansetrona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bansal S, Gupta SK, "Sodium Valproate induced priapism in an adult with bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2013 Jan .
- Ayano G, "Bipolar Disorders and Valproate: Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Therapeutic Effects and Indications of Valproate: Review of Articles", Bipolar Disord, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Valproate Sodium (85 members)
- Support group for people who take Ondansetron
- Support group for people who take Valproate Sodium and Ondansetron
You may be interested in these posts
- Worried sodium valproate might be addictive
- Was on phenytoin/phenabarbatone until.... Changed to Epilim 2010.... Diagnosed Parkinsonism 2012... Parkinson's now Downhill since???? How many have been down this route???? Oh and not had a fit for 34 years...consultant will not take him off epilim???
- On March 2nd 2015 I took my six-year-old son to the doctor for gastroenteritis they sent me home with a prescription the Zofran after the first dose he complained of his chest hurting after the second dose he went into sudden cardiac failure which resulted in the death less than 24 hours after...
- Needing information about sodium valproate and dexedrine
- My son is 18 years old and has been taking epilim chrono for some 2 years, recently he has been diagnosed with Gout, can anyone tell me if this could be a side effect of this drug, if they received treatment for the gout and whether it helped.
- Depakote and Diamox drug interaction
- Will you have Swelling with Bactrim?
- What to expect when you have Nail Growth Abnormal and Pulmonary Embolus?
- Will you have Fatigue - Chronic with Gliclazide?
- Will you have Pain - Head with Lantus?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Depakote and Diamox
- Support group for people who take Bactrim and have Swelling?
- Support group for people who take Gliclazide and have Fatigue - Chronic?
- Support group for people who take Lantus and have Pain - Head?
- Support group for people who take Zoladex and have Blood Cortisol Increased?
- Hi my name is Adeline and I have ra and been on xeljanz for one week went swimming and can't get...
- I'm misty and have been suffering from Erythema-Nodosum for about 6 years and I feel like I am...
- My name is Liz, I am on 2000 keppra 300 phenytoin 150/200 Topomax. Uncontrolled according to my...
- Having lip swelling after 2 months on Humria. I have been taken off Humria 9 days ago. What if...
- I am 67, been on Humria for 2 months. Have lower lip swelling. Been off Humria for 9 days. Has...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.