Valtrex and Claravis drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Valtrex and Claravis. Common interactions include stress among females and suicidal ideation among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Valtrex and Claravis have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15 people who take Valtrex and Claravis from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15 people who take Valtrex and Claravis together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Valtrex?
Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. eHealthMe is studying from 36,507 Valtrex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Claravis?
Claravis has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 8,972 Claravis users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Valtrex and Claravis reports submitted per year:
Common Valtrex and Claravis drug interactions by gender *:
- Supraventricular tachycardia
- Depression suicidal
- Chest pain
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Fungal infection
- Suicidal ideation
- Affective disorder
- Mood altered
Common Valtrex and Claravis drug interactions by age *:
- Pulmonary embolism
- Chest pain
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Depression suicidal
- Night sweats
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 9 people, 60.00%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 4 people, 26.67%
- Acne Conglobata (unpleasant form of nodulocystic acne-skin disease): 2 people, 13.33%
- Premenstrual Syndrome: 1 person, 6.67%
- Keratosis Follicular (condition in which there are numerous rough follicular spots, which may be skin coloured, red or brown): 1 person, 6.67%
- Drowsiness: 1 person, 6.67%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 6.67%
- Acne Cystic (skin problems that cause pimples): 1 person, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Valtrex and Claravis?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Valtrex and Claravis:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Valtrex side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,527 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,229 reports
- Pain: 2,105 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,025 reports
- Fever: 1,961 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,943 reports
- Dizziness: 1,912 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,819 reports
Browse all side effects of Valtrex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Claravis side effects:
- Depression: 714 reports
- Suicidal ideation: 557 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 360 reports
- Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 354 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 280 reports
Browse all side effects of Claravis:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Valtrex interactions:
- Valtrex and Aspirin: 3,974 reports
- Valtrex and Revlimid: 3,231 reports
- Valtrex and Prednisone: 3,124 reports
- Valtrex and Vitamin d: 2,398 reports
- Valtrex and Bactrim: 2,300 reports
- Valtrex and Gabapentin: 2,189 reports
- Valtrex and Zofran: 2,005 reports
- Valtrex and Omeprazole: 1,957 reports
- Valtrex and Nexium: 1,916 reports
- Valtrex and Allopurinol: 1,910 reports
Browse all interactions between Valtrex and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on valacyclovir hydrochloride and isotretinoin (the active ingredients of Valtrex and Claravis, respectively), and Valtrex and Claravis (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Valtrex and Claravis.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prozac and Hypothyroidism - 3 seconds ago
- Topiramate and Ventricular Failure - 7 seconds ago
- Nadh and Insomnia - 9 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Pancreatic Carcinoma - 20 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Natrecor drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Glivec and Blood Urine Present - 42 seconds ago
- Mirena and Hepatic Adenoma - 54 seconds ago
- Barrett'S Oesophagus and Primary Pulmonary Hypertension - 57 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Disease Progression - 57 seconds ago
- Children'S Ibuprofen and Incoherent - 57 seconds ago