Viberzi and Dexilant drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Viberzi and Dexilant. Common interactions include pain among females and diarrhoea among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Viberzi and Dexilant have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 47 people who take Viberzi and Dexilant from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
47 people who take Viberzi and Dexilant together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Viberzi?
Viberzi has active ingredients of eluxadoline. eHealthMe is studying from 2,817 Viberzi users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dexilant?
Dexilant has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 52,273 Dexilant users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Viberzi and Dexilant reports submitted per year:
Common Viberzi and Dexilant drug interactions by gender *:
- Renal failure
- Foot fracture
- Ankle fracture
- Pancreatitis acute
- Sinus congestion
- Skin ulcer
- Drug hypersensitivity
- Muscular weakness
- Oral pain
Common Viberzi and Dexilant drug interactions by age *:
- Neoplasm malignant
- Chronic kidney disease
- Nephrogenic anaemia
- Renal failure
- Renal tubular necrosis
- Tubulointerstitial nephritis
- Injection site extravasation
- Injection site nerve damage
- Limb discomfort
- Drug hypersensitivity
- Sphincter of oddi dysfunction
- Abdominal discomfort
- Abdominal distension
- Abdominal pain upper
- Ankle fracture
- Oedema peripheral
- Heart rate irregular
- Loss of consciousness
Common conditions people have *:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 19 people, 40.43%
- Pain: 8 people, 17.02%
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 12.77%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 5 people, 10.64%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 10.64%
- Thyroid Diseases: 4 people, 8.51%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 8.51%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 4 people, 8.51%
- Basedow's Disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones): 4 people, 8.51%
- Hypersensitivity: 4 people, 8.51%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Viberzi and Dexilant?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Viberzi and Dexilant:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Viberzi side effects:
- Abdominal pain: 361 reports
- Diarrhea: 331 reports
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas): 296 reports
- Constipation: 278 reports
- Drug ineffective: 250 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 137 reports
- Dizziness: 125 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 114 reports
Browse all side effects of Viberzi:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Dexilant side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 26,802 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 9,693 reports
- Interstitial nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 3,382 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,435 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,389 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,156 reports
- Death: 2,039 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,990 reports
Browse all side effects of Dexilant:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Viberzi interactions:
- Viberzi and Vitamin d: 151 reports
- Viberzi and Aspirin: 122 reports
- Viberzi and Gabapentin: 113 reports
- Viberzi and Lisinopril: 110 reports
- Viberzi and Omeprazole: 108 reports
Browse all interactions between Viberzi and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Dexilant interactions:
- Dexilant and Nexium: 31,647 reports
- Dexilant and Prilosec: 29,094 reports
- Dexilant and Prevacid: 28,796 reports
- Dexilant and Protonix: 28,649 reports
- Dexilant and Nexium 24hr: 23,266 reports
- Dexilant and Prilosec otc: 17,448 reports
- Dexilant and Omeprazole: 8,995 reports
- Dexilant and Aciphex: 6,922 reports
- Dexilant and Aspirin: 5,321 reports
- Dexilant and Vimovo: 5,256 reports
Browse all interactions between Dexilant and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on eluxadoline and dexlansoprazole (the active ingredients of Viberzi and Dexilant, respectively), and Viberzi and Dexilant (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Viberzi and Dexilant.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zerit and Eskalith drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Ipratropium Bromide and Ibuprofen drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Remicade and Thyroid Gland Removal - 10 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Hot Flush - 32 seconds ago
- Vancomycin and Diabetes Mellitus Non-Insulin-Dependent - 37 seconds ago
- Vancomycin and Type 2 Diabetes - 37 seconds ago
- Actifed and Loratadine drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Vyzulta and Allopurinol drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Nexium and Nipple Pain - a minute ago
- Trokendi Xr and Epidiolex drug interaction - a minute ago