Vimovo and Zantac drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Vimovo and Zantac. Common interactions include road traffic accident among females and chronic kidney disease among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Vimovo and Zantac have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 182 people who take Vimovo and Zantac from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
182 people who take Vimovo and Zantac together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Vimovo?
Vimovo has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium; naproxen. It is often used in osteoarthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 9,115 Vimovo users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zantac?
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 367,145 Zantac users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Vimovo and Zantac reports submitted per year:
Vimovo and Zantac drug interactions by gender *:
Vimovo and Zantac drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vimovo and Zantac?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Vimovo and Zantac interactions:
- Weakness: 9 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Vimovo and Zantac:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Vimovo side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 3,608 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 3,035 reports
- Death: 926 reports
- Drug ineffective: 586 reports
- Pain: 560 reports
- Joint pain: 485 reports
- Interstitial nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 422 reports
- Rashes (redness): 337 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 323 reports
Browse all side effects of Vimovo:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zantac side effects:
- Prostate cancer: 42,886 reports
- Colon cancer: 38,454 reports
- Renal cell carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 31,691 reports
- Breast cancer: 31,011 reports
- Bladder cancer: 28,922 reports
- Gastric cancer (stomach cancer): 14,090 reports
- Pancreatic carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 11,318 reports
Browse all side effects of Zantac:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Vimovo interactions:
- Vimovo and Nexium: 5,457 reports
- Vimovo and Prilosec: 5,306 reports
- Vimovo and Aciphex: 5,305 reports
- Vimovo and Dexilant: 5,256 reports
- Vimovo and Protonix: 5,252 reports
- Vimovo and Prevacid: 5,239 reports
- Vimovo and Nexium 24hr: 4,233 reports
- Vimovo and Prilosec otc: 3,511 reports
- Vimovo and Omeprazole: 994 reports
- Vimovo and Methotrexate: 618 reports
Browse all interactions between Vimovo and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zantac interactions:
- Zantac and Ranitidine: 87,401 reports
- Zantac and Nexium: 10,488 reports
- Zantac and Aspirin: 9,568 reports
- Zantac and Prilosec: 9,529 reports
- Zantac and Prevacid: 7,861 reports
- Zantac and Prednisone: 7,595 reports
- Zantac and Protonix: 7,120 reports
- Zantac and Omeprazole: 6,292 reports
- Zantac and Lisinopril: 6,268 reports
- Zantac and Tylenol: 5,750 reports
Browse all interactions between Zantac and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on esomeprazole magnesium; naproxen and ranitidine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Vimovo and Zantac, respectively), and Vimovo and Zantac (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Vimovo and Zantac.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ms Contin and Decreased Interest - a second ago
- Wellbutrin and Decreased Interest - a second ago
- Betadine and Fatigue - 5 seconds ago
- Nystatin and Decreased Interest - 5 seconds ago
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Flexeril, how severe and when it was recovered? - 5 seconds ago
- Lipitor and Decreased Interest - 8 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Haemoglobin Increased - 10 seconds ago
- Singulair and Decreased Interest - 15 seconds ago
- Diovan and Anion Gap Increased - 17 seconds ago
- Ciprofloxacin and Irritable Bowel Syndrome - 19 seconds ago