Vitamin d and Rifampin drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Vitamin d and Rifampin. Common interactions include pruritus among females and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Vitamin d and Rifampin have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 228 people who take Vitamin d and Rifampin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
228 people who take Vitamin d and Rifampin together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Vitamin d?
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in low vitamin d. eHealthMe is studying from 234,781 Vitamin d users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Rifampin?
Rifampin has active ingredients of rifampin. It is often used in tuberculosis. eHealthMe is studying from 8,528 Rifampin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Vitamin d and Rifampin reports submitted per year:
Vitamin d and Rifampin drug interactions by gender *:
Vitamin d and Rifampin drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vitamin d and Rifampin?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kapoor S, "Influence of Vitamin D Consumption and Levels on the Development of Psychiatric Disorders", Lee, Y. J., & Park, K. (2018). Secondary Raynaud’s Phenomenon and Skin Necrosis of Toes in the Paraplegic Patient with Hypertension.?Drug safety-case reports,?5(1), 7., 2014 Aug .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Browse all drug interactions of Vitamin d and Rifampin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Vitamin d side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 23,634 reports
- Diarrhea: 15,827 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 14,927 reports
- Drug ineffective: 14,811 reports
- Pain: 13,884 reports
- Weakness: 12,993 reports
- Dizziness: 12,165 reports
- Joint pain: 11,351 reports
Browse all side effects of Vitamin d:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Rifampin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 639 reports
- Fever: 510 reports
- Rashes (redness): 362 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 337 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 274 reports
- Weakness: 248 reports
- Diarrhea: 244 reports
- Pain: 229 reports
Browse all side effects of Rifampin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Vitamin d interactions:
- Vitamin d and Aspirin: 44,563 reports
- Vitamin d and Calcium: 40,272 reports
- Vitamin d and Vitamin b12: 31,369 reports
- Vitamin d and Gabapentin: 24,901 reports
- Vitamin d and Prednisone: 24,822 reports
- Vitamin d and Vitamin c: 24,265 reports
- Vitamin d and Omeprazole: 23,671 reports
- Vitamin d and Fish oil: 22,083 reports
- Vitamin d and Lisinopril: 21,958 reports
- Vitamin d and Magnesium: 18,926 reports
Browse all interactions between Vitamin d and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Rifampin interactions:
- Rifampin and Isoniazid: 2,450 reports
- Rifampin and Pyrazinamide: 2,062 reports
- Rifampin and Prednisone: 754 reports
- Rifampin and Clarithromycin: 506 reports
- Rifampin and Aspirin: 434 reports
- Rifampin and Linezolid: 398 reports
- Rifampin and Ethambutol hydrochloride: 379 reports
- Rifampin and Cubicin: 347 reports
- Rifampin and Furosemide: 334 reports
- Rifampin and Moxifloxacin: 324 reports
Browse all interactions between Rifampin and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ergocalciferol and rifampin (the active ingredients of Vitamin d and Rifampin, respectively), and Vitamin d and Rifampin (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Vitamin d and Rifampin.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Simulect and Ephedrine drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Ergocalciferol and Permethrin drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Granix and Gastric Ulcer - 18 seconds ago
- Imvexxy and Hypotension - 26 seconds ago
- Vanos and Hernia - 28 seconds ago
- Adriamycin Pfs and Conjunctivitis - 32 seconds ago
- Didrex and Panic Disorder - 39 seconds ago
- Tretinoin and Compulsive Shopping - 44 seconds ago
- Lys and Cataract - 56 seconds ago
- Ketoconazole and Impulse-Control Disorder - 58 seconds ago