Willow bark and Xyrem drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Willow bark and Xyrem together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Willow bark and Xyrem. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
10 people who take Willow bark, Xyrem are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWillow bark and Xyrem from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Willow bark has active ingredients of willow bark. (latest outcomes from Willow bark 32 users)
Xyrem has active ingredients of sodium oxybate. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from Xyrem 41,933 users)
Interactions between Willow bark and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Xyrem and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Willow bark and Xyrema b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Willow bark (willow bark) is often used to treat arthritis. Xyrem (sodium oxybate) is often used to treat narcolepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- My wife has been taking Xyrem for 3-4 months. It has been an outstandingly positive experience for her. As she states, she feels she has arisen out of a 17-year coma. However, recently she has a serious setback. She had a hallucination of an event with customers at work. She called ...
- I have been on xyrem since Nov 2016. I know it causes me to have anxiety, but I'm really concerned about memory loss. I feel so much better with the sleep I am getting now, but memory loss is a big problem. I notice it is much worse when I am stressed or worried. I am new to the group nd would ...
- I've been on Xyrem for 8 months and about 3 months in started noticing my vision changing and my eyes got extremely dry. Anyone else experience this?
- I have been taking xyrem about 3 weeks. This week I started a facial rash. Will it improve if I continue taking the medication?
- I have been taking Care about 3 weeks. This week I started a facial rash. Will it improve if I continue taking the medication?
User reviews to the study
- I have been on Xyrem to treat insomnia due to ME/CFS, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I've been on it for about 9 months. Xyrem has improved many of my crippling symptoms but I do have various side effects that come and go. At about 6 months I began experiencing swelling, ...
- I'm 20 and have had narcolepsy since I was 14. I've been on Xyrem for about 4 years. For the last year, I've been dealing with Raynaud's. Does anyone else have problems with taking Xyrem and now have Raynaud's?
- I have Narcolepsy. Dx in 2009. Started Xyrem in 2015. I'm here to see if an intermittent rash on my stomach is caused by Xyrem. And, if so, hopefully find out what others have done to treat it. I am making an appointment with the dermatologist. But first I'd like to educate myself. Especially bc ...
- Hello, I am titrating up on Xyrem (currently 3.0x2). After I take each dose, I feel like my mind is activated and kind of revved up, making it hard to get any sleep. I also suspect histamine tolerance (reaction to certain foods) and have been fighting a bronchial/sinus infection since I first ...
- I have ME/CFS, just started Xyrem about a week ago. I wear a heart monitor and noticed my heart rate is higher. Wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem.