Zide and Finasteride drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zide and Finasteride. Common interactions include decreased appetite among females and fatigue among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Zide and Finasteride have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,301 people who take Zide and Finasteride from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,301 people who take Zide and Finasteride together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Zide?
Zide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 161,955 Zide users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Finasteride?
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. eHealthMe is studying from 36,426 Finasteride users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Zide and Finasteride reports submitted per year:
Zide and Finasteride drug interactions by gender *:
Zide and Finasteride drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zide and Finasteride?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Fouda AM, Bazeed AM, "Hematuria and Hematospermia Associated with the Use of Finasteride for the Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia: A Case Report", Drug Safety-Case Reports, 2017 Dec .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Zide and Finasteride interactions:
- Diarrhea: 62 reports
- Abdominal pain: 14 reports
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 4 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Zide and Finasteride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zide side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11,812 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,348 reports
- Drug ineffective: 10,153 reports
- Pain: 9,179 reports
- Diarrhea: 9,036 reports
- Dizziness: 8,717 reports
- Weakness: 8,692 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 8,649 reports
Browse all side effects of Zide:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Finasteride side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,901 reports
- Erection problems: 1,994 reports
- Weakness: 1,867 reports
- Dizziness: 1,848 reports
- Depression: 1,785 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,715 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,698 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,691 reports
Browse all side effects of Finasteride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zide interactions:
- Zide and Lisinopril: 25,892 reports
- Zide and Aspirin: 25,735 reports
- Zide and Amlodipine: 19,118 reports
- Zide and Metformin: 19,069 reports
- Zide and Prednisone: 14,942 reports
- Zide and Omeprazole: 14,803 reports
- Zide and Losartan: 12,955 reports
- Zide and Simvastatin: 12,954 reports
- Zide and Atenolol: 12,951 reports
- Zide and Gabapentin: 10,772 reports
Browse all interactions between Zide and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Finasteride interactions:
- Finasteride and Tamsulosin: 7,645 reports
- Finasteride and Aspirin: 7,302 reports
- Finasteride and Omeprazole: 4,591 reports
- Finasteride and Lisinopril: 4,223 reports
- Finasteride and Simvastatin: 4,090 reports
- Finasteride and Furosemide: 4,026 reports
- Finasteride and Amlodipine: 3,911 reports
- Finasteride and Metformin: 3,225 reports
- Finasteride and Gabapentin: 3,051 reports
- Finasteride and Lopurin: 2,978 reports
Browse all interactions between Finasteride and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydrochlorothiazide and finasteride (the active ingredients of Zide and Finasteride, respectively), and Zide and Finasteride (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Zide and Finasteride.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Melatonin and Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia - now
- Vitamin D and Bepotastine Besilate drug interaction - now
- Lanoxin and Magnesium Gluconate drug interaction - a second ago
- Prinzide and Oxazepam drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Excedrin and Bentyl drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Lipoic Acid and Vancomycin Hcl drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Clopra drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Calcium Carbonate and Multiple Fractures - 14 seconds ago
- Ventolin and Arthropod Sting - 15 seconds ago
- Lovenox and Gestational Diabetes - 16 seconds ago