Zyprexa and Buspar drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zyprexa and Buspar together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zyprexa and Buspar. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 638 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
638 people who take Zyprexa, Buspar are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Zyprexa and Buspar?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeZyprexa and Buspar from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Zyprexa 54,541 users)
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Buspar 14,383 users)
Interactions between Zyprexa and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Buspar and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zyprexa and Buspara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zyprexa (olanzapine) is often used to treat schizophrenia. Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zyprexa is used in:
- Buspar is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have HIT and am considering taking Buspar. Can you tell me the pros and cons of this medication in conjunction with histamine issues?
- Hey everyone my name is Angela & I'm new to the group. I'm also new to Latuda. I'm in desperate need of answers/advice. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I, PTSD, depression, & anxiety. I've been taking 900mg of Lithium & 45 total mg of Buspar since November 2016 with no problems. I was also on ...
- Zyprexa made me a monster.. I started taking zyprexa about two years ago and changed my entire personality without me seeing it.. I am a 39 year old man and my entire life I have never been a person who was violent or angry.. I was the complete opposite to be honest.. I got married and soon ...
- I have been on Buspar 5 mg twice daily for almost 2 weeks and it has helped but I'm still having moments of anxiety and my doc has said I can increase to 7.5 mg twice a day but I'm apprehensive that is could make the anxiety worse. I welcome any feedback. Thanks!
- Hi. Can you take buspar aswell as taking subutex?..
User reviews to the study
- I am glad I found this group. I have had some very bad side effects for the past 6 month. I had to go the ER 5 times in March and April. I get very dehydrated, shaky. involuntary muscle movement also slurred speaks and have trouble remembering what I am going. I think it is a medicine withdral ...
- Going on month 8 of zyprexa withdrawal. Can anyone else relate? Im very lost right now! My doctor thinks im lying about my horrific withdrawals. He wont even give me anti-nausea medication, even though i'm nauseated 24/7. I have almost every withdrawal symptom imaginable. I was taking 15-20mg ...
- Recently started taking Buspar for anxiety a few weeks ago, now I have had multiple instances where I get eyelid twitches. Atlfirst it was ny right upper lid, now today it is my left lower lid. I will probably discontinue the medication if it continues.
- My son is acutely psychotic after the death of his brother on 2/6/17. His brother and his girlfriend were killed by a drunk driver. They have been tried doxepin (that worked but made him sleepy) side effects that usually wear off after all he is exhausted from not sleeping. They switched him to ...
- I'm new here,I've been prescribed buspirone,even though I have low blood pressure! Anyone have an opinion on whether this is an unsafe combination? I'd also like to ask if it's worth taking for HIGH anxiety? ? My cortisol levels are high and I'm a miserable person right now!