A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Tranexamic Acid - from FDA reports
421 females aged 38 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 38 year old female patient who has Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 01, 2018
421 females aged 38 (±5) who take Tranexamic Acid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 38
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding
- Drugs taken:
- Tranexamic Acid (tranexamic acid)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Breathing Difficulty: 8 (1.9% of females aged 38 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Breathing Difficulty in Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 73 (2.73% of females aged 38 (±5) who have Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Breathing Difficulty in Tranexamic Acid: 8 (2.22% of females aged 38 (±5) who take Tranexamic Acid)
- Breathing Difficulty in drugs with ingredients of Tranexamic Acid: 10 (2.38% of females aged 38 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of tranexamic acid)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- rash maculo-papular
- haemoglobin decreased
- vaginal haemorrhage
- rectal haemorrhage
- rash erythematous
- joint pain
- haematocrit decreased
1 - 6 months:
- oedema peripheral
- intestinal obstruction
- face oedema
- right ventricular failure
- pulmonary embolism
- pulmonary hypertension
6 - 12 months:
- pain in extremity
- feeling hot
- catheter site pain
1 - 2 years:
- lung consolidation
- cerebral thrombosis
- radiation pneumonitis
2 - 5 years:
- breathing difficulty
- atrial fibrillation/flutter
- chest pain
- deep venous thrombosis
- pulmonary embolism
- fallopian tube cyst
- thyroid neoplasm
- uterine haemorrhage
5 - 10 years:n/a
- chest pain
- muscle spasms
- stress and anxiety
- swallowing difficulty
- vaginal haemorrhage
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Prophylaxis (119 people, 28.27%)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (117 people, 27.79%)
- Haematology Test Abnormal (79 people, 18.76%)
- Depression (24 people, 5.70%)
- Preventive Health Care (12 people, 2.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lansoprazole (133 people, 31.59%)
- Dexamethasone (118 people, 28.03%)
- Norethindrone (102 people, 24.23%)
- Nplate (87 people, 20.67%)
- Omeprazole (19 people, 4.51%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Tranexamic acid has active ingredients of tranexamic acid. It is often used in heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding. (latest outcomes from Tranexamic acid 2,642 users)
What are the conditions?
- Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding can be treated by Mirena, Tranexamic acid, Provera, Progesterone, Depo-provera (latest reports from 26,343 Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Breathing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, primary pulmonary hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 313,734 Breathing difficulty patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
Can you answer these questions?
was previously on Advair 550 for 2 yrs for asthma, started having severe nausea. Breo was prescribed an on day 3 started having severe sob .. i was so miserable .. took rescue inhaler every 4 hrs with little improvement. Was looking online an see that older women do exp these symptoms? Anyone ...
162 pounds,5'11,42 years old.. I been diagnosed with a low ejection fraction of 47% and I'm scared to death,please any help would be appreciated.and I take an aspirin a day for the last two weeks,I smoked 1 pack of cigg a day and now 1 pack every 3 days,also can I take xanax for my nerves and ...
You may be interested in these posts
I'm a 47 year-old male who has a lifetime of heavy drinking. In the past ten days I've had a heavier than usual alcohol consumption and in this time I also had the flu. I have trouble night sleeping or day napping now; I feel panicked and have almost a drowning feeling. I'm trying to reduce my ...