A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Folic Acid - from FDA reports
10,000 females aged 47 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 47 year old female patient who has Insomnia Concerns. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 05, 2017
10,000 females aged 47 (±5) who take Folic Acid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 47
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Insomnia Concerns
- Drugs taken:
- Folic Acid (folic acid)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Blurred Vision: 0 (0% of females aged 47 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Blurred Vision in Insomnia Concerns: 0 (0% of females aged 47 (±5) who have Insomnia Concerns)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Blurred Vision in Folic Acid: 0 (0% of females aged 47 (±5) who take Folic Acid)
- Blurred Vision in drugs with ingredients of Folic Acid: 0 (0% of females aged 47 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of folic acid)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- pyelonephritis acute
- lymphocyte count decreased
- renal tubular necrosis
- nausea and vomiting
- complications of transplanted kidney
1 - 6 months:
- unilateral hydronephrosis
- calculus ureteric
- kidney stones
- endometrial cancer
- non-hodgkin's lymphoma
- abdominal pain
- pleural effusion
- blood smear test abnormal
6 - 12 months:
- arterial thrombosis
- lung neoplasm malignant
- humerus fracture
- coronary artery embolism
- pulmonary embolism
- gastric ulcer
- gait disturbance
1 - 2 years:
- drug eruption
- uterine polyp
- vaginal haemorrhage
- ulcerative colitis
- breast cancer metastatic
2 - 5 years:
- breast cancer
- hepatic enzyme increased
- impaired healing
- autoimmune hepatitis
- salivary gland neoplasm
- dissociative disorder
5 - 10 years:
- respiratory acidosis
- pneumonia haemophilus
- oral candidiasis
- liver function test abnormal
- small intestinal obstruction
- non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
- colon cancer
- influenza like illness
- abdominal pain
- meningitis aseptic
- lymph follicular hypertrophy
- breast cancer
- joint pain
- injection site pain
- drug ineffective
- breathing difficulty
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (756 people, 7.56%)
- High Blood Pressure (586 people, 5.86%)
- Vitamin Supplementation (556 people, 5.56%)
- Depression (541 people, 5.41%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (433 people, 4.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (5,322 people, 53.22%)
- Humira (2,656 people, 26.56%)
- Prednisone (1,978 people, 19.78%)
- Enbrel (1,819 people, 18.19%)
- Omeprazole (921 people, 9.21%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Folic acid 105,610 users)
What are the conditions?
- Insomnia concerns can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone hydrochloride, Lunesta, Melatonin, Zolpidem tartrate (latest reports from 230,061 Insomnia concerns patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Blurred vision has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, generalized anxiety disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, high blood pressure (latest reports from 652 Blurred vision patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
I am in pain everyday! My life sucks! I just want to know how to get some relief! Most days I don't want to get out of bed! My feet and legs hurt the most on me but lately my hands are starting to hurt! On my right foot I have a lump on the bottom of my foot, I have bunions(big) on both feet, ...
I've had RA for 26 years. I was on Methotrexate for 24 of those years. I've tried Xeljanz for a month. Made me weak, nauseous, major headaches etc. Tried Enbrel, results not good. Humira, results were no effect or side effects, can't afford. However it seems Zyrtec seems to help my allergies and ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi I started taking folic acid about two weeks ago but I stopped cause am not one who is consistent in taking medicine. Am someone who can go hours without eating. I am slim nd I also want to put on a lil weight. Ok. So I decided to start taking the folic acid again since I have been told its ...
Hi my name is Jan and i am 60 yrs old i have been taking folic acid for folate deficiency and they are given me the most terrible stomach cramps sometimes i cant get out of bed they are so bad!does any one else have any problems it would be good to hear from you,i also take diazepam for my ...
Hi Ive just been put on folic acid for low folate levels i am 60 years old and im having abnominal cramps and muscle pain in the top of my right leg. If anyone can relate to this i would like to hear from you.x
Hi, New to all of these forums etc but thought id give it a go. I have recently been taking folic acid approx 3 weeks as me and my partner are trying for a baby. I have been to the doctors this morning regarding my skin as I have been suffering for years - nearly 10! with bad acne to the point ...