A study for a 15 year old boy who takes Arava, Celebrex - from FDA reports
2 males aged 15 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 15 year old male patient who has Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
2 males aged 15 (±5) who take Arava, Celebrex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 15
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Drugs taken:
- Arava (leflunomide)
- Celebrex (celecoxib)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Nose Bleeds: 0 (0% of males aged 15 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nose Bleeds in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: 5 (0.46% of males aged 15 (±5) who have Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nose Bleeds in Arava: 0 (0% of males aged 15 (±5) who take Arava)
- Nose Bleeds in drugs with ingredients of Arava: 2 (4.35% of males aged 15 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of leflunomide)
- Nose Bleeds in Celebrex: 2 (1.05% of males aged 15 (±5) who take Celebrex)
- Nose Bleeds in drugs with ingredients of Celebrex: 2 (0.81% of males aged 15 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of celecoxib)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- joint swelling
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sleep Disorder (1 person, 50.00%)
- Seasonal Allergy (1 person, 50.00%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (1 person, 50.00%)
- Psoriasis (1 person, 50.00%)
- Depression (1 person, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xibrom (1 person, 50.00%)
- Tylenol (1 person, 50.00%)
- Remicade (1 person, 50.00%)
- Methotrexate (1 person, 50.00%)
- Hydroxyzine (1 person, 50.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Arava has active ingredients of leflunomide. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Arava 26,030 users)
- Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 101,633 users)
What are the conditions?
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (a subset of arthritis seen in childhood) can be treated by Enbrel, Methotrexate, Humira, Methotrexate sodium, Prednisone (latest reports from 8,834 Juvenile idiopathic arthritis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Nose bleeds has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 45,748 Nose bleeds patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I was recently switched to Leflunomide from Methotrexate for my RA. Soon after that, amphetamine levels were found in my urine (protocol with my Pain Mn doctor for patients to get drug screened). I had no idea why this was the case until I went online to this site & saw that this had happened to ...
I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
You may be interested in these posts
I started taking tramadol 50 mg about 2 months ago. I started having lower nose nosebleeds and then I had a very severe nosebleed that required an embolization surgery to stop the bleeding blood vessel. I still need it but am afraid of the nosebleeds? What should I do?
I'm a male 82 YO with A Fib. Been on Eliquis for 13 months. Recently, that is a month ago I got a nose bleed in the morning between 3 and 5 am. Since then I got one every week always in the morning. I walk play tennis and golf. Never a problem in any of these activities only in the morning. ...
I keep getting nose bleeds, I have had my nose cauterized 3 times and still get them. I've been tested for bleeding disorders and that's negative. Just wondering if my Zyrtec is causing them I've been on it for years. When I go off it I get hives, so I have just taken it daily for years.