A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Rifampin - from FDA reports
176 females aged 24 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 24 year old female patient who has Sputum Purulent. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
176 females aged 24 (±5) who take Rifampin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 24
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Sputum Purulent
- Drugs taken:
- Rifampin (rifampin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Diarrhea: 5 (2.84% of females aged 24 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Sputum Purulent: 0 (0% of females aged 24 (±5) who have Sputum Purulent)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Rifampin: 5 (3.82% of females aged 24 (±5) who take Rifampin)
- Diarrhea in drugs with ingredients of Rifampin: 6 (3.41% of females aged 24 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of rifampin)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- acute generalised exanthematous pustulosis
- hepatitis cholestatic
- rash macular
- nausea and vomiting
- multi-organ failure
1 - 6 months:
- hepatic function abnormal
- viral infection
- cytolytic hepatitis
- abortion induced
- drug exposure during pregnancy
- hepatitis fulminant
- optic neuritis
6 - 12 months:
- hepatitis toxic
- ocular icterus
- hepatic failure
1 - 2 years:
- systemic lupus erythematosus
- drug level decreased
- pulmonary tuberculosis
- interstitial lung disease
- breathing difficulty
- chest pain
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- drug ineffective
- pulmonary embolism
- nausea and vomiting
- stress and anxiety
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (27 people, 15.34%)
- Hiv Infection (16 people, 9.09%)
- Lymph Node Tuberculosis (6 people, 3.41%)
- Disseminated Tuberculosis (6 people, 3.41%)
- Preventive Health Care (5 people, 2.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pyrazinamide (35 people, 19.89%)
- Isoniazid (33 people, 18.75%)
- Rimifon (23 people, 13.07%)
- Myambutol (14 people, 7.95%)
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride (10 people, 5.68%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Rifampin has active ingredients of rifampin. It is often used in tuberculosis. (latest outcomes from Rifampin 3,640 users)
What are the conditions?
- Sputum purulent (latest reports from 452 Sputum purulent patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,019 Diarrhea patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Is Gabapentin make you diarhea. I have that symtom . It is so seriously. What medication coould help me to stop it ? Even I take Lomotril It doesn't working . I always made it my pant . I'm so shame . I did talk to my primary doctor. He just gave me Lomotril . I need help ! ...
I was diagnosed with VIPoma this past March. I have had Ultrasounds, CT's, MRI's, Octreotide Scan, MIBG, Pill Cam and have not been able to pinpoint the location of the tumor. My doctor states that eventually it will show itself. Has anyone had this issue where their blood work is stating ...
I have been taking Creon for 5 months due to partial removal of my pancreas, my gall bladder and the my bile duct due to cancer. I also take a multivitamin, Vitamin D and calcium. I have loose stools daily (not sure if it qualifies for diarrhea), several times a day, meaning they are not ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking 900mg of Gabapentin every evening to relieve the severe burning in the soles of my feet for the last 3 months. Early on I experienced a change in bowel habits, from a lifelong battle with constipation to loose, regular, very odorous, somewhat painful movements. Has anyone ...
I was placed on Amlodipine Bestlate 5 mg. Only took for two days started feeling very weak, tired and have diarrhea everytime I eat. Anyone have side effects that quicky after starting this medication, if so how long did it take for symptoms to go away?
I have chronic diarrhea, my Dr gave me a script for contrave I took one this morning and have really bad diarrhea. I took more Imodium ( I take at least 2 daily) does not seem to be helping, any suggestions?
My husband has Parkinson and has been in the hospital recovering from double pneumonia. This has lasted almost 3 weeks. He continues to have abnormal loose stools. Before this bout his main problem was constipation. The doctor tried immodium to no avail