A study for a 4 year old boy who takes Melatonin - from FDA reports
333 males aged 4 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 4 year old male patient who has Autism. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 18, 2017
333 males aged 4 (±5) who take Melatonin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 4
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Autism
- Drugs taken:
- Melatonin (melatonin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dysphagia: 5 (1.5% of males aged 4 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphagia in Autism: 5 (1.65% of males aged 4 (±5) who have Autism)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphagia in Melatonin: 5 (1.53% of males aged 4 (±5) who take Melatonin)
- Dysphagia in drugs with ingredients of Melatonin: 5 (1.5% of males aged 4 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of melatonin)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- drug ineffective
- abnormal behavior
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (109 people, 32.73%)
- Epilepsy (22 people, 6.61%)
- Constipation (17 people, 5.11%)
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Ii (12 people, 3.60%)
- Poor Quality Sleep (11 people, 3.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Daytrana (46 people, 13.81%)
- Keppra (42 people, 12.61%)
- Onfi (25 people, 7.51%)
- Miralax (23 people, 6.91%)
- Depakote (23 people, 6.91%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Melatonin 12,278 users)
What are the conditions?
- Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts) can be treated by Risperdal, Abilify, Risperidone, Invega, Lexapro (latest reports from 3,623 Autism patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,153 Dysphagia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
- Saeed W, Gupta N, Mendez M, "Drug induced Acute Pancreatitis in an Adolescent with Seizure Disorder and Autism", Research Journal of Clinical Pediatrics, 2017 Jul .
Can you answer these questions?
I’ve had undiagnosed right ear pain intermittently for some time without any diagnosis obtainable from ENT or medical Doctors. Took 10mg of Melatonin for sleep aid for first time last night. I awoke at 3am with a level 10+ right ear ache. I thought of an ER visit, but laid on my right ear ...
You may be interested in these posts
Wonderful report! I just turned 60 this year. Had on-going issue with coughing. Dr prescribed both albuterol and mometasone furoate (mf) inhalers. Noticed swallowing issues immediately. Then had mid-abdominal pain, like heart burn. Changed diet - no change. Milk or yogurt only thing ...
My husband took amiodarone for 9 months. Within that period, he developed lung nodules, suffered from acute pancreatitis, and was diagnosed with dysphagia. In addition, he has become extremely short of breath, has experienced gastric problems, is extremely weak and has had a significant weight ...
My GP has just told me that difficulty in swallowing is not a side effect of Bisoprolol, so I'm very pleased to have found this group! I have had this problem for a couple of months. It developed soon after I statrted taking heart medication. I will be very pleased to read about other people's ...
I took 5 mg melatonin tonight thinking it was fine I am on somas all day long also on valium but only occasionally can I take my melatonin with my Soma but not with the others? I take 8 a day two at a time four times a day for over 30 years I only took 5 mg of melatonin and it knocked me out for ...