A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Mercaptopurine, Lialda, Probiotic - from FDA reports
85 females aged 70 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 70 year old female patient who has Crohns Disease, Crohns. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 11, 2017
85 females aged 70 (±5) who take Mercaptopurine, Lialda, Probiotic are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 70
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Crohns Disease, Crohns
- Drugs taken:
- Mercaptopurine (mercaptopurine)
- Lialda (mesalamine)
- Probiotic (bacillus coagulans)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:
- nausea and vomiting
- mouth ulcers
- feeling abnormal
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- oedema peripheral
- nausea and vomiting
- drug ineffective
- injection site pain
- weight decreased
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (13 people, 15.29%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (13 people, 15.29%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (13 people, 15.29%)
- Diabetes (9 people, 10.59%)
- Depression (8 people, 9.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (37 people, 43.53%)
- Remicade (20 people, 23.53%)
- Vitamin B12 (12 people, 14.12%)
- Nexium (12 people, 14.12%)
- Prednisone (10 people, 11.76%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Mercaptopurine has active ingredients of mercaptopurine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Mercaptopurine 9,797 users)
- Lialda has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis. (latest outcomes from Lialda 6,005 users)
- Probiotic has active ingredients of bacillus coagulans. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Probiotic 8,289 users)
What are the conditions?
- Crohns disease can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Imuran (latest reports from 168,119 Crohns disease patients)
- Crohns can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Imuran (latest reports from 168,119 Crohns patients)
- Mercaptopurine and Lialda drug interaction
- Mercaptopurine and Probiotic drug interaction
- Lialda and Probiotic drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
I started Remicade in August 2017. Before doing it I tried everything I could think of to try and stay off the medication. I even tried a reintroduction diet, but that got me nowhere and I actually ended up suffering from malnutrition because of it. That is what I believe started the hair loss. ...
I just switched from Remicade to Humira, treating my Crohns disease. Developing HFM was a very unexpected side effect. It developed 24 hours orator my first dose. I'm really miserable, can't do my job (caring for newborns) and wondering about others experiences...how long does it last? has ...
My vision isn't the best to begin with but it seems like since I got on prednisone and lialda its gotten so much worse. Everything is so fuzzy. I cannot see anything. Should I consider switching medications?
I have been using a good probiotic with digestive enzymes to help me with digestion and gas which seem to work fine- but now have terrible tinnitus in one ear- I also take a low dose anti depressive to sleep better called Seroquel- weening off that drug but tinnitus still bad- I guess I will ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I was taking Asacol and was happy then insurance made me switch to lilada. I was on it for 1yr then started getting a rash. The derm took a bipo of my rash and it came back hyper senestivty reaction. I went off Lilada and rash seems to better worse. Do you think it gets worse before getting ...
Developed pulsating tinnitus in one ear- I thought from taking low dose seroquel ( to sleep) for a year. I am 69 years old and have perfect hearing according to the doctor- I was also taking different probiotics and digestive enzymes to help with gas and digestion issues- when I stopped the ...
Hi, my name is Mary, I am 53 yr old white female originally from midwest. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at 20 yeears old. Fibromyalgia came along at about 50 years of age and then RA right after that! Right now all I do is survive day to day. I can't quit my job b/c my job provides ...
My husband was a healthy 78 yr old man, never sick in the 48 yrs we were married. He got ulcerative colitis and was given Lialda,3 pills a day. Within 3 months it totally destroyed his white blood cells and literally killed him! Every Dr imaginable, including CDC tried to save him but it was ...
Have had high bp most of my adult life and take lisinopril. Have taken some "form" of mesalamine for over 20 years, but last year started Pentasa and my bp has really dropped w/diastolic in the 50's and 60's. Anyone else experience this w/Pentasa???