A study for a 20 year old man who takes Vivitrol - from FDA reports
110 males aged 20 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 20 year old male patient who has Ocd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
110 males aged 20 (±5) who take Vivitrol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 20
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Ocd
- Drugs taken:
- Vivitrol (naltrexone)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Excessive Masturbation: 0 (0% of males aged 20 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Excessive Masturbation in Ocd: 0 (0% of males aged 20 (±5) who have Ocd)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Excessive Masturbation in Vivitrol: 0 (0% of males aged 20 (±5) who take Vivitrol)
- Excessive Masturbation in drugs with ingredients of Vivitrol: 0 (0% of males aged 20 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of naltrexone)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- abdominal pain
- stress and anxiety
- suicidal ideation
- drug ineffective
- hepatic enzyme increased
1 - 6 months:
- drug ineffective
- skin disorder
- drug administration error
- drug dependence
- stab wound
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:n/a
- drug dependence
- nausea and vomiting
- feeling abnormal
- injection site abscess
- injection site reaction
- injection site pain
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Drug Dependence (76 people, 69.09%)
- Stress And Anxiety (3 people, 2.73%)
- Depression (2 people, 1.82%)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (1 person, 0.91%)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1 person, 0.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (4 people, 3.64%)
- Klonopin (4 people, 3.64%)
- Clonidine (4 people, 3.64%)
- Remeron (3 people, 2.73%)
- Neurontin (3 people, 2.73%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Vivitrol has active ingredients of naltrexone. It is often used in alcoholism. (latest outcomes from Vivitrol 3,570 users)
What are the conditions?
- Ocd (obsessive-compulsive disorder) can be treated by Zoloft, Prozac, Luvox, Fluvoxamine maleate, Sertraline hydrochloride (latest reports from 12,493 Ocd patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Excessive masturbation has been reported by people with schizophrenia, parkinson's disease, depression, bipolar disorder, depressed mood (latest reports from 189 Excessive masturbation patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I took 6 months of Vivitrol after leaving an inpatient program for alcohol. I have not taken my last shot for 4 months. I would like to use the last shot for the holidays but the doctor has prescribed a few weeks of clonazepam. At this point I've only taken two doses. I don't know if I can take ...
You may be interested in these posts
Life is full of unknown difficulties.Consider asthma as one of them.Find causes of increasing asthma & take control on them.Arrange short goals to control asthma.These shorts goals will be moved one day in big achievement.Everyday plan your strategy to control over asthma.Get all medicines ...
I started on vivitrol on Nov 20, 2017. Two weeks later I was in hospital with a severe pneumonia. Eosinophils were 34% and my pO2 was 82. I was treated with IV Levoquin and appeared to recover until I had my next Vivitrol injection on Dec 18 At that time my symptoms seems to worsen. I virtually ...