A study for a 29 year old man who takes Avodart - from FDA reports
36 males aged 29 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 29 year old male patient who has Hairloss. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 26, 2017
36 males aged 29 (±5) who take Avodart are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 29
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hairloss
- Drugs taken:
- Avodart (dutasteride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Night Sweats: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Night Sweats in Hairloss: 2 (0.25% of males aged 29 (±5) who have Hairloss)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Night Sweats in Avodart: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take Avodart)
- Night Sweats in drugs with ingredients of Avodart: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of dutasteride)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
- erection problems
- libido decreased
- eye swelling
- hair growth abnormal
- lip swelling
6 - 12 months:
- loss of libido
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
- erection problems
- muscle aches
- libido decreased
- breast enlargement
- ejaculation disorder
- breast disorder male
- joint stiffness
- breast pain
5 - 10 years:
- neuropathy peripheral
- drug ineffective
- suicidal ideation
- stress and anxiety
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostatic Disorder (2 people, 5.56%)
- Hair Growth Abnormal (2 people, 5.56%)
- Urinary Tract Disorder (1 person, 2.78%)
- Essential Hypertension (1 person, 2.78%)
- Androgenetic Alopecia (1 person, 2.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin C (2 people, 5.56%)
- Proscar (2 people, 5.56%)
- Propecia (2 people, 5.56%)
- Paxil (2 people, 5.56%)
- Levaquin (2 people, 5.56%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Avodart has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Avodart 12,619 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hairloss can be treated by Biotin, Propecia, Finasteride, Minoxidil, Spironolactone (latest reports from 92,007 Hairloss patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Night sweats (sweating in night) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 19,391 Night sweats patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lindsey SF, Tosti A, "Hair loss induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibitors", J Clin Investigat Dermatol, 2014 Jan .
- Murday HK, Rusli FD, Blandy C, Vollenhoven B, "Night sweats: it may be hemochromatosis", Climacteric, 2016 Jul .
Can you answer these questions?
Would discontinuing avodart cure my IBS? It seems to have developed since I started taking the drug in early October. I find it worrying when I want to go out anywhere but I can't be sure that it's related directly to the drug. I'm male and turn 66 next month.
ulcer on right toe that has finally dried up after a year of covering with bandage and ointment. Prednisone seem to help with pain and able to uncover now but very deep wound and still painful enough to take pain meds. Toe is swollen again after uncovering for about a week and weaned myself off ...
my daughter has taken a gravol because she has been feeling ill. She then got a migrain and took one of her sumatriptan pills and is now having a reaction.<br /> she is sweating (to the point of her shirt being wet), tingling and feeling like she is floating. Is this normal?
You may be interested in these posts
My step father has been taking Eliquis for about 2 months now for blood clots, he has been having terrible night sweats. It has been so bad he wakes up in a pool in his own sweat and his urine is a brown color from how dehydrated he is in the morning. Does anyone else have this and is it uncommon?
I prescribed Avodart after a Turps operation and subsequent problems. These were associated with blood in the urine and infections. I was not warned of the side effects. When I mentioned other problems I was having to my consultant, he told me this was a normal reaction and suggested I ...