A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Allegra, Keflex - from FDA reports
68 females aged 39 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 39 year old female patient who has Allergy Test, Strep Throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 11, 2017
68 females aged 39 (±5) who take Allegra, Keflex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 39
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Allergy Test, Strep Throat
- Drugs taken:
- Allegra (fexofenadine hydrochloride)
- Keflex (cephalexin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Headache: 11 (16.18% of females aged 39 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Headache in Allergy Test: 3 (2.91% of females aged 39 (±5) who have Allergy Test)
- Headache in Strep Throat: 0 (0% of females aged 39 (±5) who have Strep Throat)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Headache in Allegra: 235 (7.51% of females aged 39 (±5) who take Allegra)
- Headache in drugs with ingredients of Allegra: 257 (7.08% of females aged 39 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride)
- Headache in Keflex: 80 (11.58% of females aged 39 (±5) who take Keflex)
- Headache in drugs with ingredients of Keflex: 145 (10.1% of females aged 39 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of cephalexin)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- deep venous thrombosis
- stress and anxiety
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- aspartate aminotransferase increased
- gamma-glutamyltransferase increased
- hepatitis a
- alanine aminotransferase increased
- complications of maternal exposure to therapeutic drugs
- blood bilirubin increased
- drug ineffective
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- joint pain
- blood alkaline phosphatase increased
- high blood cholesterol
- pain in extremity
- abdominal pain
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Eczema (19 people, 27.94%)
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 17.65%)
- Multiple Allergies (9 people, 13.24%)
- Depression (8 people, 11.76%)
- Muscle Spasms (6 people, 8.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prevacid (26 people, 38.24%)
- Fluconazole (26 people, 38.24%)
- Avelox (26 people, 38.24%)
- Prilosec (24 people, 35.29%)
- Alprazolam (24 people, 35.29%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 44,468 users)
- Keflex has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Keflex 9,503 users)
What are the conditions?
- Allergy test can be treated by Zyrtec, Claritin, Benadryl, Singulair, Allegra (latest reports from 8,763 Allergy test patients)
- Strep throat (a bacterial infection of the throat causing sore throat;) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Cephalexin, Penicillin, Amoxil (latest reports from 542 Strep throat patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 344,771 Headache patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
Can you answer these questions?
Six weeks after completing a 10-day course of Keflex for a bladder infection, my left hand began to tingle intermittently. X-rays show no abnormality, & the hand specialist to whom my GP referred me thinks the problem is due to a nerve in my neck & that I should see a neurologist if the ...
I have often woken up with a feeling of slight compression in my head. Taking brewers yeast on a regular basis seems to prevent this feeling.... or am I kidding myself? Any suggestions as to what is happening?
I had blood work done because I've been feeling sick to my stomach a lot lately. My pancreatic enzymes are elevated. I take low dose of generic topamax and Effexor daily. Has this ever happened to anyone??
You may be interested in these posts
I was put on plavix and aspirin daily 2 months ago for 6 months after undergoing surgery for a pipeline for a brain aneurism. My headaches only started 2 weeks ago. I am trying to find out if it's the medication causing my headaches. I also had contrast dye with my ct two weeks ago then the ...
I've noticed increased depression and exhaustion and taking Allegra or Claritin for my allergies. Ragweed is the worst one for me and Claritin wasn't doing anything so I switched to Allegra. I've been so depressed the past two weeks and the only thing I've done differently is take Allegra. It ...
I took Allegra for the first time in many many years yesterday due to acute chronic rhinitis and a serious asthma attack. I stopped taking Claritin after many years because it became ineffective. The same happened with Zyrtec. I do not tolerate decongestants. I live in south Florida, and ...