A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Meropenem - from FDA reports
767 females aged 69 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 69 year old female patient who has Brain Abscess. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 12, 2017
767 females aged 69 (±5) who take Meropenem are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 69
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Brain Abscess
- Drugs taken:
- Meropenem (meropenem)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Diarrhea: 48 (6.26% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Brain Abscess: 0 (0% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Brain Abscess)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Meropenem: 48 (7% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Meropenem)
- Diarrhea in drugs with ingredients of Meropenem: 55 (7.17% of females aged 69 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of meropenem)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- febrile neutropenia
1 - 6 months:
- erythema multiforme
- drug eruption
- blood lactic acid increased
- cardiac failure
- acute graft versus host disease
- multi-organ failure
- febrile neutropenia
- bone marrow failure
6 - 12 months:
- hepatic necrosis
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- septic shock
- febrile neutropenia
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (86 people, 11.21%)
- Infection (62 people, 8.08%)
- Sepsis (57 people, 7.43%)
- High Blood Pressure (57 people, 7.43%)
- Pain (49 people, 6.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (66 people, 8.60%)
- Acetaminophen (62 people, 8.08%)
- Omeprazole (55 people, 7.17%)
- Prednisolone (52 people, 6.78%)
- Pantoprazole (48 people, 6.26%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Meropenem has active ingredients of meropenem. (latest outcomes from Meropenem 9,259 users)
What are the conditions?
- Brain abscess (latest reports from 1,467 Brain abscess patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,027 Diarrhea patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Erden M, Gulcan E, Bilen A, Bilen Y, Uyanik A, Keles M, "Pancytopenya and Sepsys due to Meropenem: A Case Report", Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2015 Jan .
Can you answer these questions?
Is Gabapentin make you diarhea. I have that symtom . It is so seriously. What medication coould help me to stop it ? Even I take Lomotril It doesn't working . I always made it my pant . I'm so shame . I did talk to my primary doctor. He just gave me Lomotril . I need help ! ...
You may be interested in these posts
This is to report an incidence of sudden cardiac arrest and death following administration of Meropenem+ Sulbactam combination which happened in India the details of the case are as below: Name of Patient: Dr Vinod C Gandhi Name of Hospital: Sterling Hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India Date ...
I m using meropenem 2 gr three times a day and tigeciclyn 50 mgs 2 times. I m presenting a metállic taste and the foods aré not with the sane taste i know. If anybody haga had the sane problem pelease tell me