A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Augmentin '500', Valsartan - from FDA reports
4 females aged 33 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 33 year old female patient who has Oral Viral Infection, High Blood Pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
4 females aged 33 (±5) who take Augmentin '500', Valsartan are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 33
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Oral Viral Infection, High Blood Pressure
- Drugs taken:
- Augmentin '500' (amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium)
- Valsartan (valsartan)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Itching: 0 (0% of females aged 33 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Itching in Oral Viral Infection: 0 (0% of females aged 33 (±5) who have Oral Viral Infection)
- Itching in High Blood Pressure: 78 (1.88% of females aged 33 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Itching in Augmentin '500': 0 (0% of females aged 33 (±5) who take Augmentin '500')
- Itching in drugs with ingredients of Augmentin '500': 120 (7.63% of females aged 33 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium)
- Itching in Valsartan: 4 (2.58% of females aged 33 (±5) who take Valsartan)
- Itching in drugs with ingredients of Valsartan: 12 (1.79% of females aged 33 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of valsartan)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- pulmonary embolism
- deep venous thrombosis
- pleural effusion
- tonsillar hypertrophy
- microcytic anaemia
- respiratory acidosis
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 person, 25.00%)
- Menstrual Disorder (1 person, 25.00%)
- Liver Transplant (1 person, 25.00%)
- Headache (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yaz (2 people, 50.00%)
- Yasmin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Xanax (2 people, 50.00%)
- Percocet (2 people, 50.00%)
- Gabapentin (1 person, 25.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Augmentin '500' has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Augmentin '500' 505 users)
- Valsartan has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Valsartan 20,485 users)
What are the conditions?
- Oral viral infection (latest reports from 48 Oral viral infection patients)
- High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 541,355 High blood pressure patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,447 Itching patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi. I have sciatica as a result of leg length discrepancy. Ivd been dogged with back pain for decades but the past year it seems to get better. Bit of an twing but nothing more. My outer left thigh has been numb for years but it’s just started to itch like crazy. The area had a couple of ...
You may be interested in these posts
Valsartin: i have numbness and tingling in my 2nd and 3rd left toes In Florida, would like to talk with you if you are near Clermont. As far as cramps; I was taking D3: stopped the D3 and the cramps stopped. Thanx, Rich
Two days ago I began using Tamiflu as a treatment for flu which my doctor discribed but since I began having very bad itching in my scalp I wonder if am alone or someone else experiencing this side affect ?
The doctor switched me from furosemide to torsemide because i seemed to have devloped an ugly skin disease called bullous pemphigoid that had been found to have been caused by furosemide. Doesn't seem to matter which of these drugs I am taking----I itch, itch, itch till I am half crazy. Sarna ...
Is there any unpleasant, if not dangerous, side effect this drug doesn't cause? After two weeks of trying to take this medication, I first halved the pills and then stopped completely. Fortunately, I have some of my previous medication left. I am still experiencing the bitter, metallic taste, ...
Is it worth bringing this issue to my doctor? We tried several blood pressure medications before settling on Valsartan. I react to many meds. I have been taking this one for years and thought the side effects were minimal, but my psoriasis has blown up like crazy. Didn't know about this ...