A study for a 43 year old man who takes Hydroxyzine - from FDA reports
1,759 males aged 43 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 43 year old male patient who has Psoriasis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
1,759 males aged 43 (±5) who take Hydroxyzine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 43
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Psoriasis
- Drugs taken:
- Hydroxyzine (hydroxyzine hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- High Cholesterol: 23 (1.31% of males aged 43 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- High Cholesterol in Psoriasis: 56 (0.5% of males aged 43 (±5) who have Psoriasis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- High Cholesterol in Hydroxyzine: 23 (3.16% of males aged 43 (±5) who take Hydroxyzine)
- High Cholesterol in drugs with ingredients of Hydroxyzine: 58 (3.3% of males aged 43 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- erythema multiforme
- eosinophil count increased
- toxic skin eruption
- high blood pressure
- cytolytic hepatitis
- renal failure acute
1 - 6 months:
- hepatic function abnormal
- high blood cholesterol
- blood lactic acid increased
- white blood cell count abnormal
- platelet count abnormal
- diabetic ketoacidosis
- blood alkaline phosphatase increased
- ileus paralytic
6 - 12 months:
- quality of life decreased
- raynaud's phenomenon
- wrist fracture
- appetite - decreased
- weight decreased
- pain in extremity
1 - 2 years:
- rash erythematous
- peritonitis bacterial
- device related infection
- vision blurred
- diabetic retinopathy
- drug-induced liver injury
- hepatocellular damage
- abdominal distension
- hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy
2 - 5 years:
- loss of consciousness
- mental disorder
5 - 10 years:
- heart attack
- rectal haemorrhage
- gastrointestinal haemorrhage
- chest pain
- breathing difficulty
- weight decreased
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (144 people, 8.19%)
- Pain (121 people, 6.88%)
- Bipolar Disorder (70 people, 3.98%)
- High Blood Pressure (68 people, 3.87%)
- Itching (64 people, 3.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (160 people, 9.10%)
- Zyprexa (110 people, 6.25%)
- Depakote (103 people, 5.86%)
- Risperdal (98 people, 5.57%)
- Ativan (92 people, 5.23%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Hydroxyzine 16,756 users)
What are the conditions?
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Stelara, Methotrexate, Methotrexate sodium (latest reports from 188,618 Psoriasis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- High cholesterol has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 263,338 High cholesterol patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2015 Jan .
- Ateş İ, Arikan MF, Kaplan M, Altay M, "Hydroxyzine induced pancytopenia and petechial rashes: a rare complication", Journal Of Contemporary Medicine, 2013 Jan .
Can you answer these questions?
My wife was prescribed with hydroxychloroquine sulfate for illness connected with the immune system. She has high blood cholesterol although she takes cholesterol lowering medicine. Is there any thing that can be done to lower her blood cholesterol pleease ?
I took 4 shots of Lupron for prostate cancer. They were once a month and the last one was in Dec of 2016. I had my Lipids tested in February and my triglycerides were 1100. I have started taking Atorvastatin 80 mg (generic Lipitor) and Ezetimibe 10 mg. Has anyone had a huge increase in their ...
I have been using Norco during my monthly cycles for several years. I do not drink any alcohol I do not eat a high carb/sugary diet But my cholesterol and triglycerides are on the rise. I have been taking fish oil and niacin. I haven't been exercising as much as I should but do ...
You may be interested in these posts
I've been on Xarelto for a few months since having my second PE (Saddle Embolism) in a 4 year time period. Since I've started using Xarelto my Cholesterol has increased by more than a 100 points even though I've also lost about 100 lbs in the last 6 to 7 months. I've never had high cholesterol ...