A study for a 60 year old man who takes Mucinex D - from FDA reports
33 males aged 60 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 60 year old male patient who has Sinusitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 01, 2017
33 males aged 60 (±5) who take Mucinex D are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 60
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Sinusitis
- Drugs taken:
- Mucinex D (guaifenesin; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Urination - Difficulty With Flow: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who take the drug)
- Nocturia: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nocturia in Sinusitis: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who have Sinusitis)
- Urination - Difficulty With Flow in Sinusitis: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who have Sinusitis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nocturia in Mucinex D: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who take Mucinex D)
- Nocturia in drugs with ingredients of Mucinex D: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of guaifenesin; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)
- Urination - Difficulty With Flow in Mucinex D: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who take Mucinex D)
- Urination - Difficulty With Flow in drugs with ingredients of Mucinex D: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of guaifenesin; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
- breathing difficulty
- alanine aminotransferase increased
- aspartate aminotransferase increased
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- cardiac arrest
- breathing - slowed or stopped
- hearing loss
- completed suicide
- cardio-respiratory arrest
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (3 people, 9.09%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 9.09%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 9.09%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 6.06%)
- Asthma (2 people, 6.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fluphenazine (10 people, 30.30%)
- Theophylline (9 people, 27.27%)
- Amlodipine (9 people, 27.27%)
- Tramadol (7 people, 21.21%)
- Morphine (6 people, 18.18%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Mucinex d has active ingredients of guaifenesin; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in sinus congestion. (latest outcomes from Mucinex d 970 users)
What are the conditions?
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Levaquin, Augmentin '875', Avelox (latest reports from 70,800 Sinusitis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Urination - difficulty with flow has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, prostate examination abnormal, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder (latest reports from 172 Urination - difficulty with flow patients).
- Nocturia (the need to get up in the night to urinate) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, high blood cholesterol, pain (latest reports from 8,312 Nocturia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I'm 40 years old, suffer from Nocturia,I wake up several time every night ,with erected penis (always before urinat) and urge to urinate just little amount... I checked the prostata and kidney with radiography and blood check... prostata size normal.. it is 4mm stone ,in the ureter .... any ...
My sleep is frequently severely disrupted by nocturia and as I repeatedly go to the loo, my anxiety levels increase and OCD kicks in. What I mean by that is, that after emptying my bladder, I feel the need to go again - even if urine is not voided. This is driven by anxiety (fear of not ...
My name is Lanell and i have been suffering with nocturia hypertension for the last two years. Itake high blood pressure medication but the medications does not bring my blood pressure down. I am afraid to sleep at night, because I don't want to have a stroke, heart attack, or kidney failure. ...