A study for a 10 year old girl who takes Cephalexin - from FDA reports
232 females aged 10 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 10 year old female patient who has Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 14, 2017
232 females aged 10 (±5) who take Cephalexin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 10
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Uti
- Drugs taken:
- Cephalexin (cephalexin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Breast Tenderness: 0 (0% of females aged 10 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Breast Tenderness in Uti: 0 (0% of females aged 10 (±5) who have Uti)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Breast Tenderness in Cephalexin: 0 (0% of females aged 10 (±5) who take Cephalexin)
- Breast Tenderness in drugs with ingredients of Cephalexin: 0 (0% of females aged 10 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of cephalexin)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- haemolytic anaemia
- nausea and vomiting
- renal tubular necrosis
- drug hypersensitivity
- middle insomnia
1 - 6 months:
- pseudomonas infection
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
- stress and anxiety
- gallbladder removal
- abdominal distension
- cholecystitis chronic
5 - 10 years:n/a
- stress and anxiety
- emotional distress
- crohn's disease
- inflammatory bowel disease
- ulcerative colitis
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Acne (21 people, 9.05%)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (20 people, 8.62%)
- Pain (16 people, 6.90%)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (16 people, 6.90%)
- Muscle Spasms (13 people, 5.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Bactroban (24 people, 10.34%)
- Tylenol (21 people, 9.05%)
- Yasmin (19 people, 8.19%)
- Accutane (17 people, 7.33%)
- Remicade (14 people, 6.03%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 12,230 users)
What are the conditions?
- Uti (urinary tract infection) can be treated by Macrobid, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim ds (latest reports from 123,845 Uti patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Breast tenderness has been reported by people with birth control, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 15,035 Breast tenderness patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Daughter aged 20 was put on antibiotics for a throat infection and since then, her pressure has been in the range of 80/56 and 80/60. She is also aenemic for many years. She puked badly last night and almost fainted. Is this cause for worry? Please advise what action should be taken. Thank you
I have been on multiple rounds of antibiotics for bladder infections and have developed this burning that is getting worse. This has been going on for about 8 or 9 months. It is getting unbearable and none of the doctors I've seen know what it is. Tried Neurontin (300 mg) and it didn't phase ...
The past several months my period has come a week early. So my doctor suggested I start cycling my birth control. I started a little early again this month but continued through the placebo week by starting a new pack. During this time I had unprotected sex but he has pulled out every time. I ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been experiencing breast pain and tenderness for a couple of years sporadically and it is really getting me down. I have previously sought treatment to rule out breast cancer Andy all tests have previously come back clear. I have been taking Simvastatin and a previous cholesterol drug ...
Have been on prempro for a couple of months and having more pain in my right breast and slight tenderness in my left! Anyone else having issues like this? I had a mammogram not long ago and it was negative!
I Found this group searching for side effects of cephlaxin, I have been taking 500 mg every 8 Hours and have never felt so strung out and jittery! Looking for people with similar experience with this!
I developed an ear infection at the beginning of April. Went to urgent care after about a week of trying to deal with it on my own. Ear swelled up and had lots of weeping. Put on cephalexin. After 8 days I developed hives on arms and was told to take benadryl. The next day I had what I ...