A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Lipitor, Ortho Tri-Cyclen - from FDA reports
7 females aged 37 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 37 year old female patient who has Hyperlipidemia, Contraception. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 14, 2017
7 females aged 37 (±5) who take Lipitor, Ortho Tri-Cyclen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 37
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hyperlipidemia, Contraception
- Drugs taken:
- Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium)
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Eye Twitch: 0 (0% of females aged 37 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Eye Twitch in Hyperlipidemia: 1 (0.04% of females aged 37 (±5) who have Hyperlipidemia)
- Eye Twitch in Contraception: 3 (0.01% of females aged 37 (±5) who have Contraception)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Eye Twitch in Lipitor: 5 (0.18% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Lipitor)
- Eye Twitch in drugs with ingredients of Lipitor: 6 (0.17% of females aged 37 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium)
- Eye Twitch in Ortho Tri-Cyclen: 2 (0.28% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Ortho Tri-Cyclen)
- Eye Twitch in drugs with ingredients of Ortho Tri-Cyclen: 3 (0.2% of females aged 37 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- urinary tract infection
- fluid retention
- epigastric discomfort
- facial paresis
- drug ineffective
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Seasonal Allergy (2 people, 28.57%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2 people, 28.57%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 28.57%)
- Depression (2 people, 28.57%)
- Pain (1 person, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neurontin (2 people, 28.57%)
- Folic Acid (2 people, 28.57%)
- Simvastatin (1 person, 14.29%)
- Naproxen (1 person, 14.29%)
- Atenolol (1 person, 14.29%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,117 users)
- Ortho tri-cyclen has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Ortho tri-cyclen 5,647 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hyperlipidemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood) can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Atorvastatin calcium (latest reports from 263,334 Hyperlipidemia patients)
- Contraception can be treated by Mirena, Yaz, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin (latest reports from 186,286 Contraception patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Eye twitch (eyelid twitching is spontaneous and uncontrolled spasms of the muscles) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 3,269 Eye twitch patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Fibromuscular Dysplasia of right kidney artery discovered accidentally by a cat scan with dye in it when integrative dr was looking for a renin producing tumour after my BP kept going high. No tumour found, but FMD was discovered. I have been on 80mg of Lipitor for 10yrs due to high cholesterol. ...
I started taking Lipitor 20 mg In July 2016.Took blood test Sept 2016.Bilirinin total was 1.4,retested March 207 still 1.4.The lab test indicates this is high. I found this out by requesting copies of my blood tests.my doctor did not mention this to me. I am concerned about the longer term ...
I am a type 2 diabetic taking lantus (once a day), Atorvastatin 40mg (once daily), and metformin 500mg (two tabs twice daily with meals). [Also coreg and lisinopril for blood pressure]. I try to get out and walk. I play at golf and walk the course for 9 (and sometimes 18) holes twice a week when ...