A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Spironolactone, Theo-Dur, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Advair Diskus 500/50 - from FDA reports
9 females aged 50 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 50 year old female patient who has Hypertension, Asthma, Allergy, Chronic Asthma. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 13, 2017
9 females aged 50 (±5) who take Spironolactone, Theo-Dur, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Advair Diskus 500/50 are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 50
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hypertension, Asthma, Allergy, Chronic Asthma
- Drugs taken:
- Spironolactone (spironolactone)
- Theo-Dur (theophylline)
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate (chlorpheniramine maleate)
- Advair Diskus 500/50 (fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Weight Gain: 0 (0% of females aged 50 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Weight Gain in Hypertension: 663 (3.04% of females aged 50 (±5) who have Hypertension)
- Weight Gain in Asthma: 366 (3.45% of females aged 50 (±5) who have Asthma)
- Weight Gain in Allergy: 1 (0.8% of females aged 50 (±5) who have Allergy)
- Weight Gain in Chronic Asthma: 365 (3.47% of females aged 50 (±5) who have Chronic Asthma)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Weight Gain in Spironolactone: 120 (3.59% of females aged 50 (±5) who take Spironolactone)
- Weight Gain in drugs with ingredients of Spironolactone: 183 (3.55% of females aged 50 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of spironolactone)
- Weight Gain in Theo-Dur: 14 (4.35% of females aged 50 (±5) who take Theo-Dur)
- Weight Gain in drugs with ingredients of Theo-Dur: 48 (3.04% of females aged 50 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of theophylline)
- Weight Gain in Chlorpheniramine Maleate: 2 (0.7% of females aged 50 (±5) who take Chlorpheniramine Maleate)
- Weight Gain in drugs with ingredients of Chlorpheniramine Maleate: 8 (1.28% of females aged 50 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of chlorpheniramine maleate)
- Weight Gain in Advair Diskus 500/50: 1 (5.26% of females aged 50 (±5) who take Advair Diskus 500/50)
- Weight Gain in drugs with ingredients of Advair Diskus 500/50: 246 (2.93% of females aged 50 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- rheumatoid arthritis
- visual impairment
- joint pain
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- respiratory tract infection viral
- sputum discolored
- rheumatoid arthritis
- herpes virus infection
- joint pain
- completed suicide
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable (3 people, 33.33%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 22.22%)
- Gout (1 person, 11.11%)
- Diabetes (1 person, 11.11%)
- Anticoagulant Therapy (1 person, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (5 people, 55.56%)
- Spiriva (4 people, 44.44%)
- Protonix (4 people, 44.44%)
- Budesonide (4 people, 44.44%)
- Allegra (4 people, 44.44%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Spironolactone 49,298 users)
- Theo-dur has active ingredients of theophylline. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Theo-dur 3,941 users)
- Chlorpheniramine maleate has active ingredients of chlorpheniramine maleate. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Chlorpheniramine maleate 3,421 users)
- Advair diskus 500/50 has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Advair diskus 500/50 480 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 541,344 Hypertension patients)
- Asthma can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Albuterol sulfate, Albuterol (latest reports from 138,433 Asthma patients)
- Allergy can be treated by Zyrtec, Claritin, Benadryl, Singulair, Allegra (latest reports from 8,756 Allergy patients)
- Chronic asthma can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Albuterol sulfate, Albuterol (latest reports from 138,433 Chronic asthma patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 129,005 Weight gain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Spironolactone and Theo-dur drug interaction
- Spironolactone and Chlorpheniramine maleate drug interaction
- Spironolactone and Advair diskus 500/50 drug interaction
- Theo-dur and Chlorpheniramine maleate drug interaction
- Theo-dur and Advair diskus 500/50 drug interaction
- Chlorpheniramine maleate and Advair diskus 500/50 drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
After taking Praluent for six months, I started gaining 5 pounds a month for three months!!! Once I realized the cause was Praluent I stopped injections immediately! Now, after two months of stopping, I still have a HUGE bloated belly and the extra 15 pounds I gained! My appetite had decreased ...
I have copd. Ive just been put on symbicort. iam also on spiriva respimat. Since I was put on symbicort I notice I have been gaining weight. I am on a strict low carb diet. I eat small meals . I cannot exercise due to my copd. What can I do to try and keep weight off.
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi--I'm new here. I have had hypokalemia for a couple of yrs now and my primary care physician just keeps upping my dose of potassium. Finally, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired--complete with the heart palpitations and cramping so badly that from time to time I can't even walk to ...
I was fitted with a pacemaker In NOV, 2015 and began taking Eliquis. Within a year my weight increased by over 40 pounds. Ultimately I was wheeled into the emergency room hardly able to breathe. They gave me a breathalyzer, didn't work. I was put on medication to reduce my water weight ...
I gained 8-10 pounds within the first 8 weeks of taking it. I had not changed my diet or exercise regime but now with effort am unable to take of this uneeded extra weight. My doctor believes it is unrelated to Prazosin but I am unable to otherwise account for the gain & as was already a bit ...
Gaining weight on an expensive drug that is supposed to make you lose weight is beyond frustrating. Is there anything else available that would get better results? Will it improve at some point (I just started taking Belviq this month)? I am a diabetic that takes Glyburide, Metformin, and ...