A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Unisom - from FDA reports
260 females aged 34 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 34 year old female patient who has Insomnia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 16, 2017
260 females aged 34 (±5) who take Unisom are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 34
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Insomnia
- Drugs taken:
- Unisom (doxylamine succinate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Mood Swings: 0 (0% of females aged 34 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Mood Swings in Insomnia: 70 (1.96% of females aged 34 (±5) who have Insomnia)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Mood Swings in Unisom: 0 (0% of females aged 34 (±5) who take Unisom)
- Mood Swings in drugs with ingredients of Unisom: 0 (0% of females aged 34 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of doxylamine succinate)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- suicide attempt
- consciousness - decreased
- nausea and vomiting
- loss of consciousness
- ileus paralytic
- confusional state
1 - 6 months:
- maternal exposure during pregnancy
- vision blurred
- choking sensation
- pruritus generalised
- abortion spontaneous
6 - 12 months:
- streptococcal infection
- cervical incompetence
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- drug abuse
- completed suicide
- cardio-respiratory arrest
- accidental overdose (therapeutic agent)
- intentional overdose
- gallbladder disorder
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (16 people, 6.15%)
- Pain (14 people, 5.38%)
- Depression (9 people, 3.46%)
- Headache (8 people, 3.08%)
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (8 people, 3.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fluoxetine (27 people, 10.38%)
- Tylenol (17 people, 6.54%)
- Sertraline (14 people, 5.38%)
- Zolpidem (12 people, 4.62%)
- Yaz (11 people, 4.23%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Unisom has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Unisom 1,538 users)
What are the conditions?
- Insomnia (sleeplessness) can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone hydrochloride, Lunesta, Melatonin, Zolpidem tartrate (latest reports from 230,061 Insomnia patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, quit smoking, pain (latest reports from 43,340 Mood swings patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
Presented with 70% total paralysis. Potassium was 1.7. Muscle enzymes were over 4000. Daily meds before symptoms presented-celexa, ambien, OxyContin, unisom. Consumed 12-15 cans of Coca Cola per day. I have stopped all cokes. What is my prognosis according to other patients with similar symptoms ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have had a pacemaker for two years and at my recent check I am running at 75% usage (up from 19% six months ago). Because i feel fatigue and gaining weight my Dr ordered a Echo gram and suggests I may need a third wire. I take a generic Unisom for sleep and wonder if this causing a problem?
I have been taking unison for about 10 yrs nightly to sleep....recently stopped taking when i got pneumonia 6 wks ago. I have had nothing but trouble since! sinusitis, MRI MRA, migraine (?) ......I am now convinced it is unison withdrawal. What is the fix?? HELP please! Kathleen
Hi. My name is Christy. My husband has diabetes type 2 and was recently put on janumet. He is NOT the same person. He is usually VERY fun loving, positive, a family jokester and just never gets mad or blows up for minor things. I noticed his personality seemed so different a couple of days ...