A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Zolpidem, Acetazolamide - from FDA reports
17 females aged 55 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 55 year old female patient who has Insomnia, Altitude Sickness. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 15, 2017
17 females aged 55 (±5) who take Zolpidem, Acetazolamide are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 55
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Insomnia, Altitude Sickness
- Drugs taken:
- Zolpidem (zolpidem tartrate)
- Acetazolamide (acetazolamide)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- pleural effusion
- mallory-weiss syndrome
- renal disorder
- liver disorder
- serum ferritin increased
- herpes zoster
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- emotional distress
- skin cancer
- gallbladder disorder
- calcium deficiency
- basal cell carcinoma
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (10 people, 58.82%)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (6 people, 35.29%)
- Herpes Virus Infection (6 people, 35.29%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 17.65%)
- Ear Discomfort (3 people, 17.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Valtrex (7 people, 41.18%)
- Pepcid (7 people, 41.18%)
- Welchol (6 people, 35.29%)
- Librax (6 people, 35.29%)
- Imodium (6 people, 35.29%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Zolpidem has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Zolpidem 45,129 users)
- Acetazolamide has active ingredients of acetazolamide. It is often used in pseudotumor cerebri. (latest outcomes from Acetazolamide 2,183 users)
What are the conditions?
- Insomnia (sleeplessness) can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone hydrochloride, Lunesta, Melatonin, Zolpidem tartrate (latest reports from 230,061 Insomnia patients)
- Altitude sickness can be treated by Diamox, Acetazolamide (latest reports from 72 Altitude sickness patients)
Can you answer these questions?
hi, I take diane 35, androcure, finasteride for a genetic hairloss, also zolpidem and paroxetine 5,5 mgr. I'm desesperated because I cannot bear winter time, feel always cold and sad but when the sun rise or in the South est Coutries I feel happier but only a little time walking under the sun ...
had prostate removed about 8 yrs ago " robotic surgery " then a year ago had my ureter repaired " had a hard time to pee" any way I was fine up until the ureter operation... now having a problem even when I take my little blue pill ?? theres info. on the zolpidem that it can cause ed... only ...
Had blood clots in lower right leg at Thanksgiving (2015) Clots are now gone but I do have edema and stasis dermatitis. The bad places are scabbing over the but skin beneath is pink and hard. Lots of shooting pains. Help!!
You may be interested in these reviews
I was previously misdiagnosed through much of early 20s with aggressive anti-fungal resistant year infections. After moving to Syracuse for college and seeing a new gynecologist who performed a biopsy, it was determined that I had moderate to sever lichen sclerosis. Around the same time, I was ...
Hi, I'm new to the group and I take acetazolamide but can only tolerate a very small dose of 62.5mg. I have tried to titrate up very slowly but cannot seem to get past the extreme cognitive side effects that accompany a higher dose. Does anyone know why some people are so severely effected by ...
Hi all. I have been taking zolpidem for a couple of years. Now i think its the cause of constant sinus problems. I only take 5mg but am starting to experience strange mid night that i have forgotten in the morning... like cooking breakfast at 3am.behaviour anxiety and nightmares and worse ...
Hi I'm Haley, I'm 29 and was diagnosed with IIH in 2010! Was told this would be short term... 6 years later still on diamox acetazolamide and getting lost of muscle twitching all of a sudden I'm on the lowest dose I've been on yet at 250mg once a day of slow release capsules so why now!! ...