A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Oracea - from FDA reports
159 females aged 37 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 37 year old female patient who has Brown Recluse Bite. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 17, 2017
159 females aged 37 (±5) who take Oracea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 37
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Brown Recluse Bite
- Drugs taken:
- Oracea (doxycycline)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- nausea and vomiting
- rash maculo-papular
- aspartate aminotransferase increased
1 - 6 months:
- drug ineffective
- heart rate increased
- fungal infection
- tonsillar disorder
- sinus disorder
- vision blurred
- oropharyngeal pain
6 - 12 months:
- pernicious anaemia
- amino acid level decreased
- iron deficiency anaemia
- blood homocysteine increased
- heart palpitations
- dry eyes
- lyme disease
1 - 2 years:
- maternal exposure before pregnancy
- photosensitivity reaction
2 - 5 years:
- birth control
- abortion spontaneous
5 - 10 years:n/a
- drug dependence
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (10 people, 6.29%)
- Narcolepsy (8 people, 5.03%)
- Pain (7 people, 4.40%)
- Skin Wrinkling (6 people, 3.77%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 3.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (11 people, 6.92%)
- Prozac (11 people, 6.92%)
- Mirena (11 people, 6.92%)
- Yaz (10 people, 6.29%)
- Cymbalta (10 people, 6.29%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Oracea has active ingredients of doxycycline. It is often used in rosacea. (latest outcomes from Oracea 832 users)
What are the conditions?
- Brown recluse bite can be treated by Benadryl, Prednisone, Bactrim ds, Bactrim, Cephalexin (latest reports from 107 Brown recluse bite patients)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dmour HH, Zayadeen AR, Shawagfeh JS, "Effect of Long Term Prophylaxis of Antimalarial Drug (Doxycycline) on Liver Span by Ultrasound", Middle East Journal of Internal Medicine, 2013 Jan .
Can you answer these questions?
Hi, I hope someone answers. It's been three weeks since I've had begbugs' bites. I was on vacation so I couldn't cure myself properly. When I came back home, I started to use Declobán, which has Clobetasol Propionate, and it seemed to help, although I still had some marks of the bites. I went ...
A wasp stung my finger yesterday about 10.00 am. I am on eliquis for clots in the lungs. My finger became red and swollen. By night my hand was swollen. This morning, my arm is swollen about 2 inches up from my wrist. We live in the country about two hours from my doctor. If I ring her ...
You may be interested in these posts
I got a serious wasp sting on my right foot about 12 years ago, with a red line running up my leg, After this I have noticed my legs got steadily worse with no feeling and numbness in my legs mainly in my right leg which has got steadily worse, I now have to use a walking stick to get about, ...