A study for a 21 year old man who takes Clonidine - from FDA reports
512 males aged 21 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 21 year old male patient who has Anxiety. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 04, 2017
512 males aged 21 (±5) who take Clonidine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 21
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Anxiety
- Drugs taken:
- Clonidine (clonidine)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Chest Discomfort: 10 (1.95% of males aged 21 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Chest Discomfort in Anxiety: 38 (2.3% of males aged 21 (±5) who have Anxiety)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Chest Discomfort in Clonidine: 10 (2.03% of males aged 21 (±5) who take Clonidine)
- Chest Discomfort in drugs with ingredients of Clonidine: 11 (2.15% of males aged 21 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of clonidine)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- haematocrit decreased
- red blood cell count decreased
- psychotic disorder
- klebsiella infection
- red blood cell sedimentation rate increased
- wound infection
- neutrophil count decreased
1 - 6 months:
- post lumbar puncture syndrome
- implant site erythema
- implant site pain
- wound complication
- implant site extravasation
- cerebrospinal fluid leakage
- implant site warmth
- implant site swelling
- implant site fibrosis
6 - 12 months:
- renal impairment
- amaurosis fugax
- cytomegalovirus infection
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:
- impulsive behavior
- weight increased
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- drug ineffective
- abnormal behavior
- weight increased
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (33 people, 6.45%)
- Depression (31 people, 6.05%)
- Sleep Disorder (26 people, 5.08%)
- Agitation (26 people, 5.08%)
- Convulsion (14 people, 2.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (40 people, 7.81%)
- Depakote (34 people, 6.64%)
- Norvasc (32 people, 6.25%)
- Clonazepam (30 people, 5.86%)
- Abilify (30 people, 5.86%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine 33,960 users)
What are the conditions?
- Anxiety can be treated by Xanax, Klonopin, Clonazepam, Lexapro, Ativan (latest reports from 320,549 Anxiety patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Chest discomfort has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis (latest reports from 209,713 Chest discomfort patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
A loved one has been diagnosed with CHF and what we have come to know is with an elevated blood pressure, there is an increase in coughing. Dialysis is done 3x a week to remove any fluid buildup and fluids are carefully watched throughout the day. I was wondering if taking Delsym was ever ...
Hello, I'm a 63 y/o female who decided to wean off morphine (my decision) which was prescribed for post op (lobectomy of right lung) pain. I sustained nerve damage in surgery but am thankfully cured. Under Pain Management Doc care I am taking Clonidine and Morphine 15mg IR tabs. I'm just ...
Started with 20 mg of Latuda with dinner for a week with a little burning and tightness and sort of heat in my chest, and then I went up to 40 mg after a week or 8 days, hoping the symptoms would stop. After upping to 40mg, I started feeling rapid heart beat and extreme yawning as if I couldn't ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi there. Been taking ranitidine/zantac for 9 days. It has helped with the burning in my stomach but after taking it I get a dull pain in the centre of my chest. It doesn't last long bit it is uncomfortable. Any one else experienced this
I am on a relatively low dose of subutex after having multiple surgeries and am in chronic pain which 8 mg of sub total a day helps. I am afraid because of all of my surgeries that if I need pain control, I will not be able to get it. I have been having chest pains recently from the subutex but ...
Hi! Is there anyone in this group? I see there are no post. I have been taking Bisoprolol for 5 months now and started on Depo Provera a few days ago... and have been feeling weird: with a little chest pain, but I have no idea if that is Ok. Anyone knows or has felt like me?