A study for a 53 year old man who takes Valtrex, Keflex - from FDA reports
16 males aged 53 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 53 year old male patient who has Cold Sore, Face Oedema. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 26, 2017
16 males aged 53 (±5) who take Valtrex, Keflex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 53
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Cold Sore, Face Oedema
- Drugs taken:
- Valtrex (valacyclovir hydrochloride)
- Keflex (cephalexin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Ear Pain: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ear Pain in Cold Sore: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who have Cold Sore)
- Ear Pain in Face Oedema: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who have Face Oedema)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ear Pain in Valtrex: 2 (0.17% of males aged 53 (±5) who take Valtrex)
- Ear Pain in drugs with ingredients of Valtrex: 3 (0.17% of males aged 53 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride)
- Ear Pain in Keflex: 6 (1.38% of males aged 53 (±5) who take Keflex)
- Ear Pain in drugs with ingredients of Keflex: 6 (0.57% of males aged 53 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of cephalexin)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
- mental disorder
- stress and anxiety
5 - 10 years:n/a
- flank pain
- stress and anxiety
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (6 people, 37.50%)
- Preventive Health Care (4 people, 25.00%)
- Pain (3 people, 18.75%)
- Constipation (3 people, 18.75%)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin (5 people, 31.25%)
- Zometa (4 people, 25.00%)
- Velcade (4 people, 25.00%)
- Nexium (3 people, 18.75%)
- Cipro (3 people, 18.75%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. (latest outcomes from Valtrex 23,985 users)
- Keflex has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Keflex 9,503 users)
What are the conditions?
- Cold sore (small blisters on the lip and outer edge of the mouth) can be treated by Valtrex, Acyclovir, L-lysine, Valacyclovir, Famvir (latest reports from 629 Cold sore patients)
- Face oedema (swelling of face) (latest reports from 21,098 Face oedema patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Ear pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 11,972 Ear pain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
Can you answer these questions?
Six weeks after completing a 10-day course of Keflex for a bladder infection, my left hand began to tingle intermittently. X-rays show no abnormality, & the hand specialist to whom my GP referred me thinks the problem is due to a nerve in my neck & that I should see a neurologist if the ...
You may be interested in these posts
My wife has pain in her right throat constantly. Both ears have a tendency to stop up at the same time. Does anyone else have these symptoms? We have been to every kind of Dr. And none have an answer.
I finished a 10 day course of Keflex a week ago. Since Monday I have felt unable to lift my arms up, take a shower, cook or clean, or even get out of bed. I am exhausted as though I've been drugged. Found this info today and am wondering if Keflex could be the culprit. Should note that I had ...
I feel awful, unless I take keflex. I'm able to get up and function like I used to. I'm able to clean. I have energy to live life. About 3 days after my last dose, I'm back to feeling weak, low grade fevers, chills, nausea, vomiting. I thought I was losing my mind, but stumbled upon this group ...