A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Proair Hfa, Spiriva - from FDA reports
315 females aged 46 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 46 year old female patient who has Asthma, Copd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 12, 2017
315 females aged 46 (±5) who take Proair Hfa, Spiriva are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 46
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Asthma, Copd
- Drugs taken:
- Proair Hfa (albuterol sulfate)
- Spiriva (tiotropium bromide monohydrate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscle Spasms: 4 (1.27% of females aged 46 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Spasms in Asthma: 187 (2.07% of females aged 46 (±5) who have Asthma)
- Muscle Spasms in Copd: 17 (0.85% of females aged 46 (±5) who have Copd)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Spasms in Proair Hfa: 32 (2.29% of females aged 46 (±5) who take Proair Hfa)
- Muscle Spasms in drugs with ingredients of Proair Hfa: 92 (2.39% of females aged 46 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of albuterol sulfate)
- Muscle Spasms in Spiriva: 47 (1.84% of females aged 46 (±5) who take Spiriva)
- Muscle Spasms in drugs with ingredients of Spiriva: 49 (1.87% of females aged 46 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- vision blurred
- swallowing difficulty
- joint pain
- muscle aches
- eye discharge
- drug ineffective
- pharyngolaryngeal pain
- eyelid twitch
1 - 6 months:
- drug exposure during pregnancy
- breast pain
- hypertrophy breast
- abortion spontaneous
- nipple disorder
- oral candidiasis
- haemorrhagic ovarian cyst
- birth control
6 - 12 months:
- oedema peripheral
- cardiac failure congestive
1 - 2 years:
- rash pruritic
- acute respiratory failure
2 - 5 years:
- suicide attempt
- intentional overdose
- bipolar disorder
- major depression
- oral candidiasis
- thinking abnormal
- nasal congestion
5 - 10 years:n/a
- chest pain
- nausea and vomiting
- stress and anxiety
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (37 people, 11.75%)
- Stress And Anxiety (32 people, 10.16%)
- Pain (31 people, 9.84%)
- Depression (29 people, 9.21%)
- Hypersensitivity (27 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair (62 people, 19.68%)
- Symbicort (60 people, 19.05%)
- Albuterol (44 people, 13.97%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (42 people, 13.33%)
- Advair Hfa (37 people, 11.75%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Proair hfa has active ingredients of albuterol sulfate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Proair hfa 21,219 users)
- Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva 101,241 users)
What are the conditions?
- Asthma can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Ventolin, Albuterol sulfate (latest reports from 138,436 Asthma patients)
- Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) can be treated by Spiriva, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Prednisone, Albuterol sulfate (latest reports from 111,381 Copd patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 116,934 Muscle spasms patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
COPD recent diagnosis, Sleep Apnea - diagnosed about 8 yrs ago- use CPAP nightly, nasal allergies, recent back injury, 2 rotator cuff surgeries in the last 10 yrs, about 30 lbs. overweight, history of heart palpitations and arrithmias