A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Azithromycin, Januvia, Metrogel-Vaginal - from FDA reports
155 females aged 69 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 69 year old female patient who has Sinusitis, Diabetes, Vaginitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
155 females aged 69 (±5) who take Azithromycin, Januvia, Metrogel-Vaginal are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 69
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Sinusitis, Diabetes, Vaginitis
- Drugs taken:
- Azithromycin (azithromycin)
- Januvia (sitagliptin phosphate)
- Metrogel-Vaginal (metronidazole)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- Skin ulcer
- Rashes (redness)
- Lobar pneumonia (a form of pneumonia that affects a large and continuous area of the lobe of a lung)
- Impaired healing
- Drug eruption (adverse drug reaction of the skin)
- Skin exfoliation (removal of the oldest dead skin cells)
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue)
- Eye inflammation
- Hair loss
1 - 6 months:
- Hair loss
- Dermatitis exfoliative (widespread scaling of the skin, often with itching (pruritus), skin redness (erythroderma), and hair loss)
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood)
- Erythema multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction)
- Hepatic function abnormal
- Blood creatine phosphokinase increased
6 - 12 months:
- Enterocolitis (inflammation of the digestive tract, involving enteritis of the small intestine and colitis of the colon)
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- Stress and anxiety
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint)
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Tooth extraction
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 20 people, 12.90%
- Pain : 16 people, 10.32%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 9 people, 5.81%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 8 people, 5.16%
- Breast Cancer : 8 people, 5.16%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin (50 people, 32.26%)
- Zometa (47 people, 30.32%)
- Prednisone (46 people, 29.68%)
- Lyrica (38 people, 24.52%)
- Cymbalta (37 people, 23.87%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- C-reactive protein, (crp) quantitative ($52.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Creatine kinase, total (ck) ($35.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Prothrombin time (pt) and partial thromboplastin time (ptt) ($53.00) Add to cart
- Pt, inr (prothrombin time) ($39.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Sedimentation rate ($47.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Azithromycin has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Azithromycin 19,463 users)
- Januvia has active ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Januvia 42,437 users)
- Metrogel-vaginal has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in bacterial infection. (latest outcomes from Metrogel-vaginal 77 users)
What are the conditions?
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Augmentin, Azithromycin, Levaquin, Augmentin '875' (latest reports from 70,810 Sinusitis patients)
- Diabetes can be treated by Metformin, Metformin hydrochloride, Lantus, Januvia, Glipizide (latest reports from 291,118 Diabetes patients)
- Vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina) can be treated by Flagyl, Metronidazole (latest reports from 1,317 Vaginitis patients)
- Azithromycin and Januvia drug interaction (66 reports)
- Azithromycin and Metrogel-vaginal drug interaction (5 reports)
- Januvia and Metrogel-vaginal drug interaction
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stricklin SM, Stoecker WV, Rader RK, Hood AF, Litt JZ, Schuman TP, "Persistent edematous-plaque photosensitivity observed with sitagliptin phosphate (Januvia®)", Dermatology online journal, 2012 Feb .
- Belice T, Yuce S, Kizilkaya B, Kurt A, Cure E, "Noncardiac pulmonary edema induced by sitagliptin treatment", Journal of family medicine and primary care, 2014 Jan .
- Lippi G, Favaloro EJ, Mattiuzzi C, "Combined administration of antibiotics and direct oral anticoagulants: a renewed indication for laboratory monitoring?", Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, 2014 Oct .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Sitagliptin use and risk of acute pancreatitis in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", European journal of internal medicine, 2016 Jan .
Can you answer these questions?
- What should you take to stop choking?
- What can I do about insomnia from azithromycin
- <p>Tested positive for DOT breath alcohol test during a 2 week course of the Z pack. I have taken these test before and never had a problem till now. Has anyone ever run up on this before?</p>
- I was just wondering if it is normal that I am spotting on the first dose of Azithromycin. I just got over my period a week ago and now I'm spotting.. Just really nervous it can be something more serious.
You may be interested in these posts
- Yes..i too got this issue after taking azithromycin
- Would like to know how to manage pain.
- Wondering if anybody is suffering with low blood pressure after starting with januvia. I started getting dizzy and stayed dizzy all day. Confusion, dazed, unable to focus and just out of it. Dr. Took me off one medicine. Some improvement. Still get dizzy off and on. BP is around 150/68 sitting...
- What type tame to stop choking
- What's with the metallic taste ?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.