A study for a 32 year old man who takes Dexilant - from FDA reports
66 males aged 32 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 32 year old male patient who has Gerd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
66 males aged 32 (±5) who take Dexilant are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 32
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Gerd
- Drugs taken:
- Dexilant (dexlansoprazole)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Headaches: 0 (0% of males aged 32 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Headaches in Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease): 54 (4.81% of males aged 32 (±5) who have Gerd)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Headaches in Dexilant: 0 (0% of males aged 32 (±5) who take Dexilant)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Nightmares (unpleasant dreams)
- Abdominal pain
- Vision blurred
- Rashes (redness)
1 - 6 months:
- Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine)
- Rashes (redness)
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas)
- Swelling face
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Drug dependence
- Chest pain
- Joint pain
- Swelling face
- Pulse absent
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 15 people, 22.73%
- Indigestion : 9 people, 13.64%
- Pain : 7 people, 10.61%
- Quit Smoking : 5 people, 7.58%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 5 people, 7.58%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (18 people, 27.27%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 12.12%)
- Asacol (6 people, 9.09%)
- Singulair (5 people, 7.58%)
- Chantix (5 people, 7.58%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone:
What are the drugs?
- Dexilant has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Dexilant 21,193 users)
What are the conditions?
- Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 165,681 Gerd patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Headaches has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 409,915 Headaches patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Dexilant side effects (20,488 reports)
Recent general studies
- Will you have Confusional State with Omeprazole? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups with Acebutolol Hydrochloride? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Leg And Arm Movements - Uncontrollable with Acebutolol Hydrochloride? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Involuntary Slow And Twisting Movements with Acebutolol Hydrochloride? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Dystonia with Acebutolol Hydrochloride? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 48 year old man who takes Mobic - 2 minutes ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Bacillus Probiotics, Vyvanse, Neurontin - 59 minutes ago
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Nexplanon - an hour ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Sprintec, Celexa - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Nuvaring, Zyrtec - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.