A study for a 17 year old girl who takes Prozac, Ritalin - from FDA reports
130 females aged 17 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 17 year old female patient who has Depression Suicidal, Adhd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
130 females aged 17 (±5) who take Prozac, Ritalin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 17
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Depression Suicidal, Adhd
- Drugs taken:
- Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride)
- Ritalin (methylphenidate hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dissociation: 0 (0% of females aged 17 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dissociation in Depression Suicidal (suicide depressive disorder): 0 (0% of females aged 17 (±5) who have Depression Suicidal)
- Dissociation in Adhd (adhd-mental disorders that develop in children): 4 (0.12% of females aged 17 (±5) who have Adhd)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dissociation in Prozac: 1 (0.06% of females aged 17 (±5) who take Prozac)
- Dissociation in Ritalin: 0 (0% of females aged 17 (±5) who take Ritalin)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Drug ineffective
- Social phobia (fear to go in social)
- Influenza like illness
1 - 6 months:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement)
- Breathing difficulty
- Mobility decreased (ability to move is reduced)
- Self injurious behavior
6 - 12 months:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain)
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
- Gallbladder disease
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life)
- Suicidal ideation
- Weight increased
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 9 people, 6.92%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 8 people, 6.15%
- Birth Control : 7 people, 5.38%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 6 people, 4.62%
- Premenstrual Syndrome : 5 people, 3.85%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ibuprofen (20 people, 15.38%)
- Haloperidol (18 people, 13.85%)
- Naproxen (17 people, 13.08%)
- Guaifenesin (17 people, 13.08%)
- Magnesium (15 people, 11.54%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
What are the drugs?
- Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Prozac 60,734 users)
- Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 18,721 users)
What are the conditions?
- Depression suicidal (suicide depressive disorder) can be treated by Prozac, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Zoloft, Cymbalta (latest reports from 2,776 Depression suicidal patients)
- Adhd (adhd-mental disorders that develop in children) can be treated by Adderall, Vyvanse, Concerta, Adderall 20, Ritalin (latest reports from 69,147 Adhd patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Dissociation has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 2,718 Dissociation patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Prozac and Ritalin drug interaction (949 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
You may be interested in these posts
- Wondering why it happens. I thought methylphenidate lead to symptoms of flushing or increased metabolism. Feels like my food and water isn't passing through my stomach
- Will prozac make me have nightmares and more panic attacks
- Why do i get dry mouth when I take about 3-4 of my methylphenidate IR 20mg? I know its a side effect of the drug Ritalin, but why is it? What does it do to the inside of the body after a person takes it?
- When I was 20 years old my mother confessed that she traded sex with my doctor and pharmacist to keep my brother and i on Ritalin for 10 years. Checking the "Big Pill Book" I discovered that the three of them illegally kept me on it at 3 times the legal adult dose. I am now in my 50s and have...
- Well, it all started as nothing more than me trying to increase my already huge erections. The porn stopped working, so I asked my doctor to help. Since my doctor was grotesquely ugly, and unattractive it prescribed me these medications. First I got aids, then the rectal bleeding and swollen...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.