A study for a 17 year old girl who takes Prozac, Ritalin - from FDA reports
130 females aged 17 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 17 year old female patient who has Depression Suicidal, Adhd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
130 females aged 17 (±5) who take Prozac, Ritalin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 17
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Depression Suicidal, Adhd
- Drugs taken:
- Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride)
- Ritalin (methylphenidate hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dissociation: 0 (0% of females aged 17 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dissociation in Depression Suicidal (suicide depressive disorder): 0 (0% of females aged 17 (±5) who have Depression Suicidal)
- Dissociation in Adhd (adhd-mental disorders that develop in children): 4 (0.12% of females aged 17 (±5) who have Adhd)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dissociation in Prozac: 1 (0.06% of females aged 17 (±5) who take Prozac)
- Dissociation in drugs with ingredients of Prozac: 5 (0.15% of females aged 17 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride)
- Dissociation in Ritalin: 0 (0% of females aged 17 (±5) who take Ritalin)
- Dissociation in drugs with ingredients of Ritalin: 3 (0.14% of females aged 17 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Drug ineffective
- Social phobia (fear to go in social)
- Influenza like illness
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
- Mydriasis (a dilation of the pupil)
- Eating disorder
- Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life)
1 - 6 months:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement)
- Breathing difficulty
- Mobility decreased (ability to move is reduced)
- Self injurious behavior
- General physical health deterioration (weak health status)
- Abdominal pain
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)
- Acute respiratory failure
- Emotional distress
6 - 12 months:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain)
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
- Gallbladder disease
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- Abdominal distension
- Skin - clammy
- High blood pressure
- Transplant rejection (a transplant material is not worked)
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life)
- Suicidal ideation
- Weight increased
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat)
- Drug ineffective
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- Coma scale abnormal
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 9 people, 6.92%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 8 people, 6.15%
- Birth Control : 7 people, 5.38%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 6 people, 4.62%
- Premenstrual Syndrome : 5 people, 3.85%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ibuprofen (20 people, 15.38%)
- Haloperidol (18 people, 13.85%)
- Naproxen (17 people, 13.08%)
- Guaifenesin (17 people, 13.08%)
- Magnesium (15 people, 11.54%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Prozac 60,734 users)
- Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 18,721 users)
What are the conditions?
- Depression suicidal (suicide depressive disorder) can be treated by Prozac, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Effexor xr (latest reports from 2,776 Depression suicidal patients)
- Adhd (adhd-mental disorders that develop in children) can be treated by Adderall, Vyvanse, Concerta, Adderall 20, Ritalin (latest reports from 69,147 Adhd patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Dissociation has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 2,717 Dissociation patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Prozac and Ritalin drug interaction (949 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
Can you answer these questions?
- Will prozac make me have nightmares and more panic attacks
- Went off Cymbalta around a year ago. Worked ok but felt lethargic. Symptoms got worse over the last year till the feelings of shame, hopelessness and anxiety prompted me to ask the doctor for antidepressants again so we are trying Prozac. <br /> <br /> Adjusting to life after a 35 year...
- My son is on 7 mg of tegretol daily. We have just gone to the paediatrician for learning issues and where prescribed Ritalin . This drug is listed on the mims as not being able to be mixed. The doctor has said there will be no issue. Has anyone combined these 2 drugs in a similar situation?
- My 16 yr old son has been on prozac 30 mg for 6 days, he is claiming to be hallucinating & says his brain feels similar to a computer overload for about 30 minutes, then he has a severe headache. He is really scared & so am I. Does anyone know anything about this? The doc said he didn't think it...
You may be interested in these posts
- Wondering why it happens. I thought methylphenidate lead to symptoms of flushing or increased metabolism. Feels like my food and water isn't passing through my stomach
- Will the urge to gamble go away quickly if I discontinue the Prozac?
- When I was 20 years old my mother confessed that she traded sex with my doctor and pharmacist to keep my brother and i on Ritalin for 10 years. Checking the "Big Pill Book" I discovered that the three of them illegally kept me on it at 3 times the legal adult dose. I am now in my 50s and have...
- Urine retentionnon concerta but only when the does is 72mg daily as opposed to 36mg
- trying to find support for my son, who is 11
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.