A study for a 41 year old man who takes Motrin, Naproxen, Centrum - from FDA reports
470 males aged 41 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 41 year old male patient who has Pain, Healthy Living. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
470 males aged 41 (±5) who take Motrin, Naproxen, Centrum are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 41
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Pain, Healthy Living
- Drugs taken:
- Motrin (ibuprofen)
- Naproxen (naproxen)
- Centrum (ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- Mouth ulcers
- Rashes (redness)
- Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis)
- Oedema mouth (swelling of mouth)
- Oral mucosal blistering (mouth ulcer)
- Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure)
- Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood)
1 - 6 months:
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets)
- Periorbital oedema (swelling around the eyes)
- Salivary gland infections
- Rectal haemorrhage (bleeding from anus)
6 - 12 months:
- Appendicitis (inflammation of the appendix)
- Neuroma (tumour of nerve tissue)
- Umbilical hernia (an outward bulging (protrusion) of the abdominal lining or part of the abdominal organ(s) through the area around the belly button)
1 - 2 years:
- Drug effect decreased
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness)
- Drug ineffective
- Abdominal pain
- Injection site erythema (redness at injection site)
- Joint pain
- Gastric haemorrhage (bleeding stomach)
- Injection site pain
- Injection site papule (solid pimple or swelling at injection site)
2 - 5 years:
- Breathing difficulty
- Chest pain
- Gastrointestinal disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract)
- Neck injury
- Hepatic steatosis (fatty liver disease)
- Gastric ulcer (stomach ulcer)
- Hepatomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the liver)
- Heart disease
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Stress and anxiety
- Weight decreased
- Joint pain
- Rashes (redness)
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 33 people, 7.02%
- Depression : 27 people, 5.74%
- High Blood Pressure : 26 people, 5.53%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 21 people, 4.47%
- Stress And Anxiety : 19 people, 4.04%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tylenol (37 people, 7.87%)
- Acetaminophen (34 people, 7.23%)
- Ranitidine (31 people, 6.60%)
- Seroquel (30 people, 6.38%)
- Albuterol (29 people, 6.17%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Arthritis panel ($197.00) Add to cart
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Motrin has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Motrin 25,752 users)
- Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,783 users)
- Centrum has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Centrum 20,950 users)
What are the conditions?
- Pain can be treated by Tramadol, Vicodin, Percocet, Tramadol hydrochloride, Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen (latest reports from 494,254 Pain patients)
- Healthy living can be treated by Multivitamin, Vitamin d, Centrum, Fish oil, Vitamin c (latest reports from 22,875 Healthy living patients)
- Motrin and Naproxen drug interaction (472 reports)
- Motrin and Centrum drug interaction (163 reports)
- Naproxen and Centrum drug interaction (301 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
Can you answer these questions?
- I was given a prescription of naproxen as the doctor suspected arthritis. I have been taking it for a couple of days and have noticed my skin has gotten worse. I was wondering if it is naproxen side effects or if it is just hormonal as I am only 16.
- I've for a few months now had hard round stools sometime like grapes and this all started when I started on Naproxen and Tylenol for a neck injury. All comments appreciated
- how can one leg and toes be freezing cold and the other leg be hot and swollen
- A friend of mine took methamphedamine and naproxen will there be any side effects
You may be interested in these posts
- Will I get my erection back if I stop eating Naproxen or have I destroyed my life forever???
- What is the best treatment when this happens, as nurse has given anti fungal but is not helping . Will need longer term and vice and what is the alternative anti inflammatory to Naproxen
- So happy to find this group!
- Since I started taking Centrum tablets I started getting gout on a regular basis. I stopped and the gout stopped. Recently I started taking Centrum again and not long I started getting gout again. Is there any multivatamin I can use that will not give me gout?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.