A study for a 52 year old man who takes Sertraline, Cozaar - from FDA reports
125 males aged 52 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 52 year old male patient who has Depression - Chronic, Hypertension. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
125 males aged 52 (±5) who take Sertraline, Cozaar are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 52
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Depression - Chronic, Hypertension
- Drugs taken:
- Sertraline (sertraline hydrochloride)
- Cozaar (losartan potassium)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Fasciculations Of Muscle(twitching of voluntary muscle of body): 0 (0% of males aged 52 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Fasciculations Of Muscle in Depression - Chronic (chronic depression lasting at least for two years): 0 (0% of males aged 52 (±5) who have Depression - Chronic)
- Fasciculations Of Muscle in Hypertension (high blood pressure): 25 (0.12% of males aged 52 (±5) who have Hypertension)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Fasciculations Of Muscle in Sertraline: 11 (0.39% of males aged 52 (±5) who take Sertraline)
- Fasciculations Of Muscle in Cozaar: 2 (0.11% of males aged 52 (±5) who take Cozaar)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
6 - 12 months:
- Renal failure chronic (long lasting kidney dysfunction)
- Respiratory acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease)
- Bradyarrhythmia (heart slowness)
- Staphylococcal infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria)
- Anoxic encephalopathy (brain damage due to lack of oxygen)
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Hernia (hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle)
- Heart rate increased
- Acute myocardial infarction (acute heart attack)
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain : 11 people, 8.80%
- Diabetes : 11 people, 8.80%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 10 people, 8.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 7 people, 5.60%
- Type 2 Diabetes : 5 people, 4.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Plavix (16 people, 12.80%)
- Toprol-Xl (16 people, 12.80%)
- Humalog (15 people, 12.00%)
- Zaroxolyn (14 people, 11.20%)
- Furosemide (14 people, 11.20%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone:
What are the drugs?
- Sertraline has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Sertraline 70,147 users)
- Cozaar has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Cozaar 36,720 users)
What are the conditions?
- Depression - chronic (chronic depression lasting at least for two years) can be treated by Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin xl, Prozac, Effexor (latest reports from 4,288 Depression - chronic patients)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Atenolol, Losartan, Amlodipine besylate (latest reports from 619,797 Hypertension patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Fasciculations of muscle (twitching of voluntary muscle of body) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 18,940 Fasciculations of muscle patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Sertraline and Cozaar drug interaction (198 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Izgi C, Erdem G, Mansuroglu D, Kurtoglu N, Kara M, Gunesdogdu F, "Severe hypokalemia probably associated with sertraline use", Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 2014 Jan .
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
Recent general studies
- Simponi and Lacrisert drug interaction - now
- Will you have Breast Pain with Proventil? - now
- Will you have Pain - Breast with Proventil? - now
- Will you have Mastalgia with Proventil? - now
- Will you have Breast Tenderness with Proventil? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Magnesium Citrate - 53 minutes ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Atorvastatin Calcium - 54 minutes ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Sudafed, Zyrtec - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 45 year old man who takes Zantac 150 - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.