A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Toprol-Xl, Requip, Metformin, Synthroid, Neurontin - from FDA reports
107 females aged 59 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 59 year old female patient who has Tachycardia, Diabetes, Restless Legs, Hypothyroid, Diabetic Neuropathy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
107 females aged 59 (±5) who take Toprol-Xl, Requip, Metformin, Synthroid, Neurontin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 59
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Tachycardia, Diabetes, Restless Legs, Hypothyroid, Diabetic Neuropathy
- Drugs taken:
- Toprol-Xl (metoprolol succinate)
- Metformin (metformin hydrochloride)
- Requip (ropinirole hydrochloride)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Neurontin (gabapentin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hyperreflexia(overactive or over responsive reflexes): 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hyperreflexia in Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min): 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Tachycardia)
- Hyperreflexia in Diabetes : 2 (0.01% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Diabetes)
- Hyperreflexia in Restless Legs : 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Restless Legs)
- Hyperreflexia in Hypothyroid : 4 (0.04% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Hypothyroid)
- Hyperreflexia in Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus): 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Diabetic Neuropathy)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hyperreflexia in Toprol-Xl: 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Toprol-Xl)
- Hyperreflexia in drugs with ingredients of Toprol-Xl: 8 (0.04% of females aged 59 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of metoprolol succinate)
- Hyperreflexia in Metformin: 4 (0.02% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Metformin)
- Hyperreflexia in drugs with ingredients of Metformin: 4 (0.01% of females aged 59 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of metformin hydrochloride)
- Hyperreflexia in Requip: 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Requip)
- Hyperreflexia in drugs with ingredients of Requip: 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride)
- Hyperreflexia in Synthroid: 2 (0.01% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Synthroid)
- Hyperreflexia in drugs with ingredients of Synthroid: 21 (0.04% of females aged 59 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of levothyroxine sodium)
- Hyperreflexia in Neurontin: 3 (0.03% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Neurontin)
- Hyperreflexia in drugs with ingredients of Neurontin: 22 (0.09% of females aged 59 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of gabapentin)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- Renal impairment (severely reduced kidney function)
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Cardiac failure congestive
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles)
- Pain in extremity
- Drug ineffective
- Coronary heart disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries)
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Oedema peripheral (superficial swelling)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol : 15 people, 14.02%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 15 people, 14.02%
- Depression : 11 people, 10.28%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 10 people, 9.35%
- Stress And Anxiety : 9 people, 8.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (23 people, 21.50%)
- Lantus (22 people, 20.56%)
- Lisinopril (21 people, 19.63%)
- Lipitor (20 people, 18.69%)
- Lyrica (18 people, 16.82%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- C-reactive protein, (crp) quantitative ($52.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Sedimentation rate ($47.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Toprol-xl has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Toprol-xl 40,321 users)
- Requip has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from Requip 16,726 users)
- Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 206,762 users)
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 149,665 users)
- Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Neurontin 82,737 users)
What are the conditions?
- Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) can be treated by Atenolol, Metoprolol tartrate, Toprol-xl, Flecainide acetate, Bisoprolol fumarate (latest reports from 92,199 Tachycardia patients)
- Diabetes can be treated by Metformin, Metformin hydrochloride, Lantus, Januvia, Glipizide (latest reports from 291,118 Diabetes patients)
- Restless legs can be treated by Mirapex, Requip, Ropinirole hydrochloride, Pramipexole dihydrochloride, Gabapentin (latest reports from 27,469 Restless legs patients)
- Hypothyroid can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid (latest reports from 85,750 Hypothyroid patients)
- Diabetic neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus) can be treated by Gabapentin, Lyrica, Neurontin, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest reports from 13,489 Diabetic neuropathy patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Hyperreflexia (overactive or over responsive reflexes) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 2,874 Hyperreflexia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Toprol-xl and Requip drug interaction (312 reports)
- Toprol-xl and Metformin drug interaction (1,847 reports)
- Toprol-xl and Synthroid drug interaction (3,252 reports)
- Toprol-xl and Neurontin drug interaction (1,719 reports)
- Requip and Metformin drug interaction (659 reports)
- Requip and Synthroid drug interaction (1,048 reports)
- Requip and Neurontin drug interaction (953 reports)
- Metformin and Synthroid drug interaction (6,849 reports)
- Metformin and Neurontin drug interaction (3,376 reports)
- Synthroid and Neurontin drug interaction (5,520 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- ŽUPANIĆ KRMEK DU, BRAJKOVIĆ I, BEKIĆ D, KRNIĆ A, JURKOVIĆ P, PAVLOVIĆ T, "CALCIFIED DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS IN A PATIENT WITH RECURRENT DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS AND SARCOIDOSIS", Acta Medica Croatica, 2014 Mar .
- Scarff JR, "The Potential for Somnambulism Associated with Gabapentin", The Internet Journal of Psychiatry, 2017 Jan .
- Lee IS, Kim KS, Kim KH, Park J, Jeong HS, Kim Y, Na YC, Chung WS, Ahn KS, Lee SG, Um JY, "Antihyperglycemic and Antiobesity Effects of JAL2 on db/db Mice", Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2016 Mar .
Can you answer these questions?
- WHAT ARE THE DRUG INTERACTIONS OF TAKING GARCINIA CAMBOGIA WITH SYNTHROID .2. I AM ON A VERY HIGH DOSE OF SNYTHROID DUE TO THYROIDECTOMY FROM STAGE II THYROID CANCER. I HAVE BEEN BEEN TAKING SYNTHROID .2 FOR 15 YEARS, WITHOUT SIDE EFFECTS. ALTHOUGH I AM SLIM, I AM NOTICING AS I GET OLDER, MY...
- Took metformin throughout entire pregnancy. Baby aspirated on meconium. Since met can cause IBS i was wondering if there might be a connection regarding baby passing meconium in utero.
- Tegretol level will not register above 2 in spite of dose increases.
- my son has back problems l7 disc is completely gone.He doesn't want to take pain pills because he is a recovering addict.He prescribed Neurontin until his medical insurance goes into effect to have surgery.He took a drug screen and it cme back positive for methadone,he has never taken methadone...
- My naturopath says berberine mimics Metformin. I am currently in drug trial using Herceptin in low expressing HER2. I wonder if taking berberine would disqualify me from the trial. Any ideas?
You may be interested in these posts
- Yes it happen with my dad .after started Metformin for diabetes. blood pressure gone high and high even more dose of antibiotics hypertensive can't control it.
- Wife may have lupus from recently started neurontin for fibromyalgia pain as butterfly pattern is now on face.
- Why is my urine smelling bad while taking gabapentinr?
- What can be done? Vasovagal attacks increase with synthroid for my husband.
- Want to start taking ashwagandha with Synthroid I've been on synthroid for 45 years can I expect some nasty symptoms or are effects pretty rare with the two together thank you
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.