A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Forteo, Doryx Mpc - from FDA reports
28 females aged 69 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 69 year old female patient who has Osteoporosis, Cellulitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
28 females aged 69 (±5) who take Forteo, Doryx Mpc are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 69
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Osteoporosis, Cellulitis
- Drugs taken:
- Forteo (teriparatide recombinant human)
- Doryx Mpc (doxycycline hyclate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Toothaches(tooth pain): 0 (0% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Toothaches in Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 319 (0.92% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Osteoporosis)
- Toothaches in Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 0 (0% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Cellulitis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Toothaches in Forteo: 70 (0.36% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Forteo)
- Toothaches in Doryx Mpc: 0 (0% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Doryx Mpc)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:
- Weight decreased
- Hypophagia (reduced food intake)
- Complex regional pain syndrome (long lasting pain condition most often affecting one of the limbs (arms, legs, hands, or feet))
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)
- Hip fracture
- Blood glucose decreased
- Femur fracture
- Gait disturbance
- The flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus)
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- Dementia (madness)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom)
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Eye pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Eye disorder
- Blepharitis (chronic inflammation of the eyelid)
- Weight decreased
- Blood glucose decreased
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 2 people, 7.14%
- Open Fracture : 2 people, 7.14%
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 2 people, 7.14%
- Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) (an autoimmune or connective tissue disease. it is characterized by thickening of the skin): 1 person, 3.57%
- Stomatitis (inflammation of mucous membrane of mouth): 1 person, 3.57%
- Spinal Fracture (fracture in one of vertebrae): 1 person, 3.57%
- Pneumonia : 1 person, 3.57%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 1 person, 3.57%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome : 1 person, 3.57%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 3.57%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair (6 people, 21.43%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 17.86%)
- Levaquin (3 people, 10.71%)
- Gabapentin (3 people, 10.71%)
- Hydroxyzine (3 people, 10.71%)
- Desonide (3 people, 10.71%)
- Levetiracetam (3 people, 10.71%)
- Lexapro (3 people, 10.71%)
- Lidex (3 people, 10.71%)
- Lorazepam (3 people, 10.71%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Forteo has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Forteo 115,294 users)
- Doryx mpc has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. (latest outcomes from Doryx mpc 13 users)
What are the conditions?
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Actonel, Alendronate sodium, Alendronic acid, Atelvia, Boniva (latest reports from 211,667 Osteoporosis patients)
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin) can be treated by Bactrim, Bactrim ds, Cephalexin, Cipro, Clarithromycin (latest reports from 45,951 Cellulitis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Toothaches (tooth pain) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 17,206 Toothaches patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yaylaci S, Yilmaz EU, Guclu E, Kumsar NA, Tamer A, Karabay O, "Clozapine-Induced Febrile Neutropenia and Cellulitis", Turkish journal of emergency medicine, 2014 Mar .
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Extrapyramidal Disorder with Avapro? - now
- Will you have Ulnar Nerve Dysfunction with Helichrysum? - now
- Will you have Flavivirus Infection with Prilosec? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Acute Radiation Sickness with Vitamin B12? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Keratosis Obturans with Ciprofloxacin? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Occupational Hearing Loss with Metformin? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Facial Bones Fracture with Jalyn? - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Color Blindness with Phenergan? - 9 seconds ago
- Zantac 300 and Xango Juice drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Osteoarthritis Aggravated with Nexplanon? - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine - 47 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Suboxone - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Ketamine Hydrochloride - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Kyleena, Metformin - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Vitamin B3 for a 82 year old man - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Bystolic for a 82 year old man - 4 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Gabapentin, Lyrica for a 55 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 1 year old boy who takes Itraconazole - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Synthroid - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Ramipril - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.