A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Forteo, Doryx Mpc - from FDA reports
28 females aged 69 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 69 year old female patient who has Osteoporosis, Cellulitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
28 females aged 69 (±5) who take Forteo, Doryx Mpc are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 69
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Osteoporosis, Cellulitis
- Drugs taken:
- Forteo (teriparatide recombinant human)
- Doryx Mpc (doxycycline hyclate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Toothaches(tooth pain): 0 (0% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Toothaches in Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 319 (0.92% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Osteoporosis)
- Toothaches in Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 0 (0% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Cellulitis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Toothaches in Forteo: 70 (0.36% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Forteo)
- Toothaches in drugs with ingredients of Forteo: 70 (0.36% of females aged 69 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human)
- Toothaches in Doryx Mpc: 0 (0% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Doryx Mpc)
- Toothaches in drugs with ingredients of Doryx Mpc: 9 (0.46% of females aged 69 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of doxycycline hyclate)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:
- Weight decreased
- Urinary tract pain
- Hypophagia (reduced food intake)
- Rashes (redness)
- Oedema peripheral (superficial swelling)
- Impaired healing
- Complex regional pain syndrome (long lasting pain condition most often affecting one of the limbs (arms, legs, hands, or feet))
- Hip fracture
- Urinary tract infection
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- Dementia (madness)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom)
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- The flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus)
- Weight decreased
- Nausea and vomiting
- Eye disorder
- Blepharitis (chronic inflammation of the eyelid)
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 2 people, 7.14%
- Open Fracture : 2 people, 7.14%
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 2 people, 7.14%
- Stomatitis (inflammation of mucous membrane of mouth): 1 person, 3.57%
- Spinal Fracture (fracture in one of vertebrae): 1 person, 3.57%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair (6 people, 21.43%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 17.86%)
- Omeprazole (3 people, 10.71%)
- Gabapentin (3 people, 10.71%)
- Desonide (3 people, 10.71%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Forteo has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Forteo 108,455 users)
- Doryx mpc has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. (latest outcomes from Doryx mpc 2 users)
What are the conditions?
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Calcium, Fosamax, Vitamin d, Alendronate sodium, Actonel (latest reports from 182,300 Osteoporosis patients)
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin) can be treated by Cephalexin, Bactrim, Keflex, Clindamycin hydrochloride, Doxycycline (latest reports from 38,532 Cellulitis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Toothaches (tooth pain) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 14,724 Toothaches patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yaylaci S, Yilmaz EU, Guclu E, Kumsar NA, Tamer A, Karabay O, "Clozapine-Induced Febrile Neutropenia and Cellulitis", Turkish journal of emergency medicine, 2014 Mar .
Can you answer these questions?
- I was diagnosed with hep c in 2015. I fell and broke my humerus. The break would not heal so the Dr. Put me on forteo. By my 2ND shot I blew up, like I was 9 months pregnant. I was also diagnosed with cirrhosis. I'm not sure if it was the cirrhosis or an allergic reaction
- i have toothache and when i took the painkiller i got some relief but after sometime my nose was bleeding after 24 hour again i have toothache.i dont want to take the painkiller.
- I have been taking this drug for over two years and recently have developed toothache especially after taking the tablet, have been checked by Dentist, Endodontist and two X Rays.
- I have been on Teriparatide for 6 weeks, I started taking it 3 months ago during that, I am experiencing flashes on my right eye but now it's gone but it became worse because now I am having flutter vision on both eyes that will last for minutes it is like I see a glass blocking my vision with...
- Can you get stadol in spray form for pain
You may be interested in these posts
- Took my first dose of Forteo last night with no immediate problems. Dozed off, then awakened after 1 hour, did not sleep again!! Beyond exhausted.
- Took fosamax for 2 mos . Developed toothpain. Quit the med but still have the pain. Saw dentist and Endo specialist but cannot find cause.
- Starting Forteo this week so would like to be in touch with others going thru same thing.
- Six months on Forteo and significant weight gain - no previous issues with weight gain. Same diet for 4 + years - restricted carbs, sugar, gluten-free.
- Since starting Tirosint I have pain in my right upper and lower teeth. Also experiencing more diarrhea bouts. Anyone else experience these side effects?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.