A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Olanzapine And Fluoxetine Hydrochloride - from FDA reports
113 females aged 58 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 58 year old female patient who has Psychotic Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
113 females aged 58 (±5) who take Olanzapine And Fluoxetine Hydrochloride are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 58
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Psychotic Depression
- Drugs taken:
- Olanzapine And Fluoxetine Hydrochloride (fluoxetine hydrochloride; olanzapine)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Constipation: 0 (0% of females aged 58 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Constipation in Psychotic Depression : 0 (0% of females aged 58 (±5) who have Psychotic Depression)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Constipation in Olanzapine And Fluoxetine Hydrochloride: 0 (0% of females aged 58 (±5) who take Olanzapine And Fluoxetine Hydrochloride)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Diabetic hyperosmolar coma (diabetes coma due to extremely high blood sugar (glucose) levels; extreme lack of water (dehydration))
- Drug intolerance (drug sensitivity)
- High density lipoprotein decreased
- Glycosylated haemoglobin increased
- Suicidal ideation
1 - 6 months:
- Alanine aminotransferase increased
- Blood bilirubin increased
- Drug ineffective
- Aspartate aminotransferase increased
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood cholesterol
- Weight loss
- Urinary tract infection
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine)
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:
- Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)
- Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder)
- Urinary tract infection
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen)
- Confusional state
- Feeling abnormal
- Abnormal dreams
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression : 29 people, 25.66%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 24 people, 21.24%
- Stress And Anxiety : 12 people, 10.62%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 6 people, 5.31%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 4 people, 3.54%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa (27 people, 23.89%)
- Seroquel (18 people, 15.93%)
- Lisinopril (13 people, 11.50%)
- Atenolol (11 people, 9.73%)
- Glipizide (11 people, 9.73%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hemoglobin a1c (hgba1c) with eag ($41.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
What are the drugs?
- Olanzapine and fluoxetine hydrochloride has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride; olanzapine. (latest outcomes from Olanzapine and fluoxetine hydrochloride 4 users)
What are the conditions?
- Psychotic depression can be treated by Abilify, Geodon, Zoloft, Wellbutrin xl, Olanzapine (latest reports from 100 Psychotic depression patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Constipation has been reported by people with pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 152,408 Constipation patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
- Is it possible to take XYZAL if you suffer from chronic constipation
- I’m taking Silver water have bad Constipation I am miserable! Tried a few remedy’s but not great results Help ! Am I consuming to much ?help
- Hi how you today I asked you do Entyivo caused constipation having it bad this last week what can I do to it thank you.
- Hello. My eyes have become very bloodshot these last 5 days I have glaucoma for many years and I have been using generic Xalatan for many years as well. A few months ago I was prescribed a new eyedrop to use together with Xalatan, Brimonidine, this last eyedrops make my eyes bloodshot like but...
- Arrythmia caused by constipation. Can manage using miralax taken with food.
You may be interested in these posts
- Is there anyone out there?
- I was put on 5mg. of amlodipine in Oct. of 17 along with chlorthaladone which gave me a bladder infection, i went off the chlorthaladone it went away, i am 76 female and my amlodipine was increased to 10mg, and after under 2 wks, had severe constitpation almost going to Emergency. I took and...
- I've been taking elmiron for not quite a week, and although I have noticed some improvement in dealing with pain,I do find that the pain due to constipation has increased. I've been walking ND trying to eat right. Do these symptoms ever go away?
- I am on keytruda and can't get my bowels to work. What helps.
- Experiencing constipation and back pain after 3 weeks of being on 5 mg two times a day. Has anyone experienced pain in back around kidney area with this constipation? I went and had ultrasound of kidney it was fine. Think it is a side affect of this drug.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.