A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Meloxicam, Levothroid, Vyvanse, Bumex - from FDA reports
10 females aged 53 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 53 year old female patient who has Thyroid, Arteritis, Adhd, Edema. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
10 females aged 53 (±5) who take Meloxicam, Levothroid, Vyvanse, Bumex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 53
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Thyroid, Arteritis, Adhd, Edema
- Drugs taken:
- Levothroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Meloxicam (meloxicam)
- Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)
- Bumex (bumetanide)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Swollen Ankle: 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Swollen Ankle in Thyroid : 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Thyroid)
- Swollen Ankle in Arteritis (inflammation of the walls of arteries): 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Arteritis)
- Swollen Ankle in Adhd (adhd-mental disorders that develop in children): 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Adhd)
- Swollen Ankle in Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body): 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Edema)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Swollen Ankle in Levothroid: 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Levothroid)
- Swollen Ankle in Meloxicam: 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Meloxicam)
- Swollen Ankle in Vyvanse: 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Vyvanse)
- Swollen Ankle in Bumex: 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Bumex)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
- Suicidal ideation
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Muscle aches (muscle pain)
- Tricuspid valve incompetence (inefficient heart valve)
- Urethral stenosis (narrowing of the urethra, may cause decreased urine output)
- Respiratory acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 2 people, 20.00%
- Stress And Anxiety : 1 person, 10.00%
- Sleep Disorder : 1 person, 10.00%
- Quit Smoking : 1 person, 10.00%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 10.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (3 people, 30.00%)
- Xanax (3 people, 30.00%)
- Tricor (2 people, 20.00%)
- Allegra (2 people, 20.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 20.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
What are the drugs?
- Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Meloxicam 25,403 users)
- Levothroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Levothroid 7,252 users)
- Vyvanse has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Vyvanse 16,598 users)
- Bumex has active ingredients of bumetanide. It is often used in heart failure. (latest outcomes from Bumex 5,914 users)
What are the conditions?
- Thyroid can be treated by Levothyroxine sodium, Synthroid, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levothroid (latest reports from 34,912 Thyroid patients)
- Arteritis (inflammation of the walls of arteries) can be treated by Prednisone (latest reports from 721 Arteritis patients)
- Adhd (adhd-mental disorders that develop in children) can be treated by Adderall, Vyvanse, Concerta, Adderall 20, Ritalin (latest reports from 69,147 Adhd patients)
- Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) can be treated by Lasix, Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide, Spironolactone, Triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide (latest reports from 45,861 Edema patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Swollen ankle has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, pain, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 1,349 Swollen ankle patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Meloxicam and Levothroid drug interaction (66 reports)
- Meloxicam and Vyvanse drug interaction (101 reports)
- Meloxicam and Bumex drug interaction (30 reports)
- Levothroid and Vyvanse drug interaction (9 reports)
- Levothroid and Bumex drug interaction (2,111 reports)
- Vyvanse and Bumex drug interaction (4 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Association of Meloxicam Use with the Risk of Acute Pancreatitis: A Case–Control Study", Clinical drug investigation, 2015 Oct .
- Maneeton N, Maneeton B, Suttajit S, Reungyos J, Srisurapanont M, Martin SD, "Exploratory meta-analysis on lisdexamfetamine versus placebo in adult ADHD", Drug design, development and therapy, 2012 Jan .
- Maneeton B, Maneeton N, Likhitsathian S, Suttajit S, Narkpongphun A, Srisurapanont M, Woottiluk P, "Comparative efficacy, acceptability, and tolerability of lisdexamfetamine in child and adolescent ADHD: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials", Drug design, development and therapy, 2014 Jan .
- Najib J, Wimer D, Zeng J, Lam KW, Romanyak N, Paige Morgan E, Thadavila A, "Review of Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in Adults With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder", Journal of central nervous system disease, 2017 Aug .
Can you answer these questions?
- why does the gp prescribe both? then, if there are problems
- No idea how this works, my first post so here we go... I just got put on Vyvanse and Topamax to help with my binge eating issues. I can't find much information on how the two work together. Anybody who can share your experience? The Dr said he's starting me low to see how it goes. 20mg for...
- my daughter has been taking probiotics for about a week now and her ankles and feet have swollen and he legs have water retension. She went to ER and they did blood work and xray of heart and all is normal. Could the probiotics have caused this?
- Lower leg, ankle, foot swelling after taking eliquis at bedtime
- Is there anyway to prevent this? Suffering bad by 1pm and I don't really want to increase my dosage. Just started recently after 3 months of taking vyvanse. It was working perfectly but now this has become a horrible problems.
You may be interested in these posts
- Wondering if anyone has pics of mouth ulcers, after 2 mths of tests coming back normaland these getting worse and a lot of more side effects my doctor thinks Im having a chemical reaction and allergic to vyvansse. I have been on them for 6 mths. Today was last pill taken and started 3 days of...
- Woke up with Bell’s palsy.... looking for something to help before I can get to dr. Tomorrow. I have melodically, will THAT help. Is Bell’s palsy TEMPORARY, left side of my head just froze
- Tracy here with ADD. What is the least expensive way to pay for my vyvanse as my insurance won't cover it.
- Took Meloxicam 7.5 daily 1 pill for app. Eight weeks for sciatica caused by herniated discs. No pain relief whatsoever. Took no other drugs except the occasional Tylenol. Stopped taking Meloxicam and started physical therapy which helped me to recover from sciatica pain. Approx. four weeks...
- This is part of the one last bad habit I need to stop, the other being marijuana, but I smoke marijuana and that means I am apt to abuse substances. Marijuana just helps me handle the current negative aspects of my life, most of those aspects which it caused. I still find successes to...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.