A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Ginkgo Biloba, Probiotics, Cranberry - from FDA reports
4 females aged 47 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 47 year old female patient who has Metallic Taste. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
4 females aged 47 (±5) who take Ginkgo Biloba, Probiotics, Cranberry are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 47
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Metallic Taste
- Drugs taken:
- Ginkgo Biloba (ginkgo)
- Probiotics (bifidobacteria)
- Cranberry (cranberry)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Nausea and vomiting
- Breathing difficulty
- Spinal fracture (fracture in one of vertebrae)
- Lower respiratory tract infection fungal
- Occupational exposure to dust
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 50.00%
- Swelling : 1 person, 25.00%
- Nerve Injury : 1 person, 25.00%
- Joint Injury : 1 person, 25.00%
- Common Peroneal Nerve Dysfunction (dysfunction of nerve controlling movement and sensation to the lower leg, foot and toes): 1 person, 25.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin B12 (2 people, 50.00%)
- Gilenya (2 people, 50.00%)
- Zyrtec (1 person, 25.00%)
- Lutein (1 person, 25.00%)
- Ampyra (1 person, 25.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
What are the drugs?
- Ginkgo biloba has active ingredients of ginkgo. It is often used in memory loss. (latest outcomes from Ginkgo biloba 1,342 users)
- Probiotics has active ingredients of bifidobacteria. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Probiotics 2,260 users)
- Cranberry has active ingredients of cranberry. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cranberry 2,036 users)
What are the conditions?
- Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) (latest reports from 45,075 Metallic taste patients)
- Ginkgo biloba and Probiotics drug interaction (8 reports)
- Ginkgo biloba and Cranberry drug interaction (9 reports)
- Probiotics and Cranberry drug interaction (6 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Restani P, Di Lorenzo C, Garcia-Alvarez A, Badea M, Ceschi A, Egan B, Dima L, Lüde S, Maggi FM, Marculescu A, Milà-Villarroel R, "Adverse effects of plant food supplements self-reported by consumers in the PlantLIBRA survey involving six European countries", PloS one, 2016 Feb .
Can you answer these questions?
- Should I take a probiotic with xifaxan?
- if I stop breo, how long before my taste comes back?
- I have taken one day of. Randantin and now one day of omiprozole 20mg. I was not aware of the interaction of probiotics. I have been drinking kiefer both days. Last night I was washing out a bottle of essential oil thieves and copiaba oil and got some on my hands. I had burning and elevated...
- I have been taking votrient for 3 months and have been experiencing a strong metallic taste. Is there anything I can take to rid me if this?
- I have a car leak which might be sealed...im not sure yet. Will ginkgo help?
You may be interested in these posts
- Would you recommend taking gingo biloba with lexapro?
- What side effects does anyone has with taking codeine Sulfate and Probiotics together?
- What here the results on your AN been.
- This may be a very silly question. But should I still take did liver oil as I do have the metallic taste. I don't take any other medication.
- This is my first time taking probiotics on a consistent basis and the end result, boils. It started happening all at once, on my buttocks. I suffer from arthritis and taking Tramadol. I'm not sure what caused it but the pain in my joints have increased. I haven't had a boil since I was a...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.