A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Spironolactone, Biotin - from FDA reports
7 females aged 20 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 20 year old female patient who has Acne, Hairloss. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
7 females aged 20 (±5) who take Spironolactone, Biotin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 20
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Acne, Hairloss
- Drugs taken:
- Spironolactone (spironolactone)
- Biotin (biotin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hairloss: 0 (0% of females aged 20 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hairloss in Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 155 (2.15% of females aged 20 (±5) who have Acne)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hairloss in Spironolactone: 4 (0.74% of females aged 20 (±5) who take Spironolactone)
- Hairloss in Biotin: 14 (5.93% of females aged 20 (±5) who take Biotin)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:
- Drug dependence
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- Gastrointestinal pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Gastric disorder (disease of stomach)
- Injection site swelling
- Skin exfoliation (removal of the oldest dead skin cells)
- Skin discoloration
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Premenstrual Syndrome : 3 people, 42.86%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 42.86%
- Hypersensitivity : 3 people, 42.86%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder : 3 people, 42.86%
- Sleep Disorder : 1 person, 14.29%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 1 person, 14.29%
- Sedation : 1 person, 14.29%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 14.29%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 14.29%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 14.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yasmin (3 people, 42.86%)
- Allegra (3 people, 42.86%)
- Drospirenone And Ethinyl Estradiol (3 people, 42.86%)
- Glucophage (3 people, 42.86%)
- Lamictal (3 people, 42.86%)
- Methylprednisolone (3 people, 42.86%)
- Levaquin (3 people, 42.86%)
- Vyvanse (2 people, 28.57%)
- Marijuana (1 person, 14.29%)
- Calcium (1 person, 14.29%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone:
What are the drugs?
- Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Spironolactone 61,531 users)
- Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Biotin 15,227 users)
What are the conditions?
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) can be treated by Accutane, Spironolactone, Doxycycline, Minocycline hydrochloride, Doxycycline hyclate (latest reports from 72,389 Acne patients)
- Hairloss can be treated by Biotin, Propecia, Finasteride, Minoxidil, Rogaine (latest reports from 136,892 Hairloss patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Hairloss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, breast cancer female, high blood pressure (latest reports from 136,892 Hairloss patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Spironolactone and Biotin drug interaction (426 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lindsey SF, Tosti A, "Hair loss induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibitors", J Clin Investigat Dermatol, 2014 Jan .
Recent general studies
- Will you have Fever with Timolol Maleate? - now
- Will you have Pyrexia with Timolol Maleate? - now
- Will you have Hyperthermia with Timolol Maleate? - now
- Will you have Heat Stroke with Timolol Maleate? - now
- Will you have Elevated Temperature with Timolol Maleate? - a second ago
- Will you have Body Overheating with Timolol Maleate? - a second ago
- Will you have Follicular Thyroid Cancer with Lansoprazole? - a second ago
- Will you have Ulcer - Mouth with Tri-Sprintec? - 2 seconds ago
- Terazol 3 and Tea Tree Oil drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Stomatitis - Ulcerative with Tri-Sprintec? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Xolair - an hour ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Claravis - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Pioglitazone, Atorvastatin Calcium, Trulicity, Fenofibrate, Dutasteride, Contrave, Irbesartan, Metformin, Tamsulosin - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Aloprim, Amlodipine Besylate, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Hydrea, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid) - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Metformin - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Methotrexate - 5 hours ago
- Prediction of Gabapentin, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Latuda for a 30 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- Prediction of Ashwagandha, Atenolol for a 44 year old woman - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 24 year old man who takes Zoloft - 7 hours ago
- Prediction of Omega-3, Propranolol Hydrochloride, L-theanine, Glucosamine, Latuda, Gabapentin for a 30 year old woman - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.