A study for a 19 year old boy who takes Vitamin D3, Folic Acid, Modafinil - from FDA reports
55 males aged 19 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 19 year old male patient who has Low Vitamin D, Folate-Deficiency Anemia, Wakefulness. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
55 males aged 19 (±5) who take Vitamin D3, Folic Acid, Modafinil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 19
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Low Vitamin D, Folate-Deficiency Anemia, Wakefulness
- Drugs taken:
- Vitamin D3 (ergocalciferol)
- Folic Acid (folic acid)
- Modafinil (modafinil)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Red Eyes: 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Heart Rate Increased: 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Rls(restless legs syndrome): 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heart Rate Increased in Low Vitamin D : 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who have Low Vitamin D)
- Heart Rate Increased in Folate-Deficiency Anemia (anaemia due to lack of folic acid): 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who have Folate-Deficiency Anemia)
- Heart Rate Increased in Wakefulness (not sleeping or not able to sleep): 8 (1.24% of males aged 19 (±5) who have Wakefulness)
- Red Eyes in Low Vitamin D : 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who have Low Vitamin D)
- Red Eyes in Folate-Deficiency Anemia (anaemia due to lack of folic acid): 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who have Folate-Deficiency Anemia)
- Red Eyes in Wakefulness (not sleeping or not able to sleep): 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who have Wakefulness)
- Rls in Low Vitamin D : 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who have Low Vitamin D)
- Rls in Folate-Deficiency Anemia (anaemia due to lack of folic acid): 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who have Folate-Deficiency Anemia)
- Rls in Wakefulness (not sleeping or not able to sleep): 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who have Wakefulness)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heart Rate Increased in Vitamin D3: 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who take Vitamin D3)
- Heart Rate Increased in Folic Acid: 7 (0.88% of males aged 19 (±5) who take Folic Acid)
- Heart Rate Increased in Modafinil: 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who take Modafinil)
- Red Eyes in Vitamin D3: 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who take Vitamin D3)
- Red Eyes in Folic Acid: 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who take Folic Acid)
- Red Eyes in Modafinil: 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who take Modafinil)
- Rls in Vitamin D3: 0 (0% of males aged 19 (±5) who take Vitamin D3)
- Rls in Folic Acid: 1 (0.13% of males aged 19 (±5) who take Folic Acid)
- Rls in Modafinil: 3 (2.5% of males aged 19 (±5) who take Modafinil)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat)
- Headache (pain in head)
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Ear discomfort
- Rotator cuff syndrome (a spectrum of conditions affecting the rotator cuff tendons of the shoulder)
- Stress and anxiety
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 22 people, 40.00%
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease : 15 people, 27.27%
- Sickle Cell Anaemia (a disease in which your body produces abnormally shaped red blood cells): 3 people, 5.45%
- Depression : 3 people, 5.45%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 3.64%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Remicade (29 people, 52.73%)
- Methotrexate (23 people, 41.82%)
- Benadryl (15 people, 27.27%)
- Humira (13 people, 23.64%)
- Nexium (11 people, 20.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Ferritin, serum ($44.00) Add to cart
- Folate, rbc ($83.00) Add to cart
- Iron and total iron-binding capacity (tibc) ($41.00) Add to cart
- Iron, serum ($32.00) Add to cart
- Reticulocyte count ($53.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
- Vitamin b12 ($47.00) Add to cart
What are the drugs?
- Vitamin d3 has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. (latest outcomes from Vitamin d3 20 users)
- Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Folic acid 105,611 users)
- Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from Modafinil 6,534 users)
What are the conditions?
- Low vitamin d can be treated by Vitamin d (latest reports from 266 Low vitamin d patients)
- Folate-deficiency anemia (anaemia due to lack of folic acid) (latest reports from 1 Folate-deficiency anemia patients)
- Wakefulness (not sleeping or not able to sleep) can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone hydrochloride, Zolpidem, Lunesta, Melatonin (latest reports from 230,103 Wakefulness patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Red eyes has been reported by people with osteoporosis, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, erection problems, high blood pressure (latest reports from 760 Red eyes patients).
- Heart rate increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, asthma, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 63,045 Heart rate increased patients).
- Rls (restless legs syndrome) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 27,470 Rls patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Vitamin d3 and Folic acid drug interaction
- Vitamin d3 and Modafinil drug interaction
- Folic acid and Modafinil drug interaction (58 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kapoor S, "Influence of Vitamin D Consumption and Levels on the Development of Psychiatric Disorders", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
- Restani P, Di Lorenzo C, Garcia-Alvarez A, Badea M, Ceschi A, Egan B, Dima L, Lüde S, Maggi FM, Marculescu A, Milà-Villarroel R, "Adverse effects of plant food supplements self-reported by consumers in the PlantLIBRA survey involving six European countries", PloS one, 2016 Feb .
Can you answer these questions?
- My menses is a week late pregnancy test is negative. I’ve been on my meds for 5 months first time being delayed. Can Cimzia cause a delay?
- Low on vitamin d & get cramps & dihirea when take supplement is this caused by the Klonopin? Are parnate,?
- I've been having issues with low testosterone, clearly from low LH stimulation by the pituitary. I started taking Modafinil in Sep/2015 and my LH shot much higher in Oct/2015. Then in Dec/2015 I stopped Modafinil and my LH went to the lowest level I ever measured in Jan/2016 (charts attached)....
- I told my doctor that whenever I took Xanax, which I take for sleep, I was having restless legs. She said she had never heard of that, so that’s why I’m joining this group. Has anyone else found that taking a small amount of Vicodin with the Xanax alleviated the restless legs? Thanks!
- I Stopped taking Sertraline a couple of months back. But I am currently taking Modafinil (Life changing) but I want to start taking Sertraline again but I don't the effect or damages of mixing the two. Does anyone have any first had experience mixing the two?
You may be interested in these posts
- Who has blood shot eyes while taking Metoprolol er? What causes it?
- When you take high does of modafinil with any other combination it's gives you conjection in upper aur path way Wait for withdrawal of drug and then it will be fine. It a side effect so reconsider the does of drug . I hope that helps
- Took one dose. Heart rate began beating rapidly. Dizziness and light headed. Doctor gave a shot of benadryl. Then put me on steroids. It is a very scary drug.
- Took 200mg Modalert modafinil and I am feeling cold and extremely hungry, very odd indeed. My hands feel so chilled that I feel like it is hard to type. This is only my 2nd time taking it, perhaps the dosage is too high?
- The hotter it is out side the more I sweat and the hotter I get. I also have Raynaud's. My toes, ears, fingers and nose freeze but at the same time I can start heating up and sweat drips off my face.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.