A study for a 78 year old woman who takes Premarin, Lexapro - from FDA reports
68 females aged 78 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 78 year old female patient who has Hrt, Anxiety. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
68 females aged 78 (±5) who take Premarin, Lexapro are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 78
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hrt, Anxiety
- Drugs taken:
- Premarin (estrogens, conjugated)
- Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Choking Sensation(feeling of obstruction in respiratory system): 0 (0% of females aged 78 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Frequent Urination: 0 (0% of females aged 78 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Choking Sensation in Hrt : 0 (0% of females aged 78 (±5) who have Hrt)
- Choking Sensation in Anxiety : 2 (0.05% of females aged 78 (±5) who have Anxiety)
- Frequent Urination in Hrt : 0 (0% of females aged 78 (±5) who have Hrt)
- Frequent Urination in Anxiety : 0 (0% of females aged 78 (±5) who have Anxiety)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Choking Sensation in Premarin: 3 (0.05% of females aged 78 (±5) who take Premarin)
- Choking Sensation in Lexapro: 1 (0.04% of females aged 78 (±5) who take Lexapro)
- Frequent Urination in Premarin: 0 (0% of females aged 78 (±5) who take Premarin)
- Frequent Urination in Lexapro: 0 (0% of females aged 78 (±5) who take Lexapro)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- Hyponatremia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration)
1 - 6 months:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement)
- Pain in extremity
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect)
- Corneal opacity (scarring or clouding of the cornea)
- Pruritus generalised (generalized itching)
- Vitreous floaters (spots before the eyes)
- Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
- Headache (pain in head)
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling)
- Transient ischaemic attack (a transient episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow))
- Speech disorder
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat)
- Ischaemic stroke (stroke; caused by an interruption in the flow of blood to the brain)
- Weight decreased
- Cognitive disorder (mental health disorders affects learning, memory, perception, and problem solving)
- Breast cancer
- Concussion (short loss of normal brain function in response to a head injury)
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Hot flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- Large intestinal haemorrhage (bleeding in large intestine)
- Red cell distribution width increased
- Gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine)
- Heart attack
- Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus)
- Abdominal tenderness
- Visual acuity reduced (reduced clearness of vision)
- Joint pain
- Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- Drug ineffective
- Muscle aches (muscle pain)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol : 11 people, 16.18%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 8 people, 11.76%
- High Blood Pressure : 7 people, 10.29%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 6 people, 8.82%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 7.35%
- Cardiac Disorder : 4 people, 5.88%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 4 people, 5.88%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 4.41%
- Hypersensitivity : 3 people, 4.41%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 3 people, 4.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (19 people, 27.94%)
- Lisinopril (14 people, 20.59%)
- Atenolol (14 people, 20.59%)
- Furosemide (13 people, 19.12%)
- Toprol-Xl (13 people, 19.12%)
- Nexium (13 people, 19.12%)
- Synthroid (13 people, 19.12%)
- Digoxin (12 people, 17.65%)
- Actonel (12 people, 17.65%)
- Zocor (11 people, 16.18%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone:
What are the drugs?
- Premarin has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy. (latest outcomes from Premarin 84,639 users)
- Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Lexapro 65,999 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hrt can be treated by Estradiol, Premarin, Vivelle, Vivelle-dot, Progesterone (latest reports from 45,051 Hrt patients)
- Anxiety can be treated by Xanax, Klonopin, Clonazepam, Lexapro, Ativan (latest reports from 377,283 Anxiety patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Choking sensation (feeling of obstruction in respiratory system) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, high blood cholesterol, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 3,699 Choking sensation patients).
- Frequent urination has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, generalized anxiety disorder, gastroesophageal reflux disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, pain (latest reports from 822 Frequent urination patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Premarin and Lexapro drug interaction (1,011 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
Recent general studies
- Will you have Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy with Dalfampridine? - now
- Will you have Pain - Ankle with Rad001? - a second ago
- Will you have Saliva Analysis Abnormal with Eliquis? - a second ago
- Casodex and Vicodin drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Periods - Missed with Cymbalta? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Penile Exfoliation with Altace? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Inconsolability with Tofranil? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Fussy with Tofranil? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Extreme Fussy with Tofranil? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Irritability with Tofranil? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 47 year old man who takes Cannabis, Lorazepam, Sumatriptan, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Propranolol Hydrochloride - 35 minutes ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Lipitor - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 34 year old man who takes Bleomycin Sulfate - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Zyrtec, Jardiance, Vitamin C, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Lexapro - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old man who takes Plavix - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Azithromycin - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Revlimid - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Zantac 150, Flecainide Acetate - 14 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.