A study for a 33 year old man who takes Oracea - from FDA reports
45 males aged 33 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 33 year old male patient who has Pneumonia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
45 males aged 33 (±5) who take Oracea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 33
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Pneumonia
- Drugs taken:
- Oracea (doxycycline)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Blood creatine phosphokinase abnormal
- White blood cell count increased
- Rashes (redness)
- Abdominal pain
1 - 6 months:
- Mouth haemorrhage (bleeding from mouth)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting)
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection)
- Ear discomfort
- Hearing impaired
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver)
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Haematocrit decreased
- Sinus tachycardia (a heart rhythm with elevated rate of impulses originating from the sinoatrial node)
- Rash erythematous (redness of the skin)
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland): 6 people, 13.33%
- Depression : 6 people, 13.33%
- Oral Herpes (viral infection of mouth): 2 people, 4.44%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 2.22%
- Dermal Cyst : 1 person, 2.22%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ibuprofen (7 people, 15.56%)
- Rocephin (5 people, 11.11%)
- Lamivudine (3 people, 6.67%)
- Alprazolam (3 people, 6.67%)
- Amoxicillin (3 people, 6.67%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Creatine kinase, total (ck) ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Hepatitis a total antibodies ($69.00) Add to cart
- Hepatitis b core ab (+/-), total ($112.00) Add to cart
- Hepatitis b surface antigen w/reflex confirmation ($53.00) Add to cart
- Hepatitis c virus (hcv) rna, qualitative, naa ($263.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
What are the drugs?
- Oracea has active ingredients of doxycycline. It is often used in rosacea. (latest outcomes from Oracea 832 users)
What are the conditions?
- Pneumonia can be treated by Levaquin, Azithromycin, Prednisone, Avelox, Clarithromycin (latest reports from 194,444 Pneumonia patients)
- Oracea side effects (654 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dmour HH, Zayadeen AR, Shawagfeh JS, "Effect of Long Term Prophylaxis of Antimalarial Drug (Doxycycline) on Liver Span by Ultrasound", Middle East Journal of Internal Medicine, 2013 Jan .
You may be interested in these posts
- Was diagnosed with MS 3 months ago....Rosacea & acne for as long as i can remember....
- Just wondering if anyone has tried Oracea for psoriasis?
- I have taken Tizanidine for the 1st time and woke up with chest pain. I recognized this as pneumonia, as I have had it before. What can I do about it?
- I am generally in good health and practice excellent nutrition, along with being physically active (I am an athlete). II have been on Oracea for 4 weeks and it helped clear my rosacea in combination with other meds and protocols. 5 weeks in I developed pain in my right hip along with my right...
- I am a 62 year old female. In March I was diagnosed with a uti, treated with Bactrim which didn't work and ended up getting a shot of Rhocefin (sp?). I also had a slight cold and later that night I had a fever and felt terrible. After 2 days I ended up going to the emergency room because I felt...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.