A study for a 28 year old man who takes Meloxicam - from FDA reports
272 males aged 28 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 28 year old male patient who has Prostate. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
272 males aged 28 (±5) who take Meloxicam are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 28
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Prostate
- Drugs taken:
- Meloxicam (meloxicam)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Abdominal pain
- Haematochezia (passage of stools containing blood)
- Swollen tongue (swelling of tongue)
- Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters)
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat)
1 - 6 months:
- Cardiopulmonary failure (cessation of normal circulation of the blood due to failure of the heart to contract)
- Cardiac failure acute
- Accident at work
- Haemorrhage (bleeding)
6 - 12 months:
- Drug-induced liver injury (diseases of the liver that are caused by physician-prescribed medications)
- Haemorrhagic anaemia (anaemia due to excessive bleeding)
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- Upper gastrointestinal haemorrhage (upper gastrointestinal bleeding)
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
- Muscle twitching
- Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage)
- Costochondritis (chest wall pain)
- Joint pain
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Headache (pain in head)
- Joint pain
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 33 people, 12.13%
- Stress And Anxiety : 26 people, 9.56%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 24 people, 8.82%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 23 people, 8.46%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 16 people, 5.88%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (52 people, 19.12%)
- Methotrexate (26 people, 9.56%)
- Enbrel (21 people, 7.72%)
- Folic Acid (15 people, 5.51%)
- Lyrica (14 people, 5.15%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Arthritis panel ($197.00) Add to cart
- C-reactive protein, (crp) quantitative ($52.00) Add to cart
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Sedimentation rate ($47.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
What are the drugs?
- Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Meloxicam 25,403 users)
What are the conditions?
- Prostate can be treated by Flomax, Finasteride (latest reports from 74 Prostate patients)
- Meloxicam side effects (23,112 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Association of Meloxicam Use with the Risk of Acute Pancreatitis: A Case–Control Study", Clinical drug investigation, 2015 Oct .
You may be interested in these posts
- Woke up with Bell’s palsy.... looking for something to help before I can get to dr. Tomorrow. I have melodically, will THAT help. Is Bell’s palsy TEMPORARY, left side of my head just froze
- why does the gp prescribe both? then, if there are problems
- Took Meloxicam 7.5 daily 1 pill for app. Eight weeks for sciatica caused by herniated discs. No pain relief whatsoever. Took no other drugs except the occasional Tylenol. Stopped taking Meloxicam and started physical therapy which helped me to recover from sciatica pain. Approx. four weeks...
- Since I've started taking mobic my sex drive as increased.which isn't a bad thing
- Pain is tragic for us all when the only medicine being prescribed are NASIDS, Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory drugs (pronounced en-saids) Meloxicam is cause for heart attack, stroke, permanent hearing loss, bleeding ulcers, immune disorders resulting in Hepatitis. Some of these or all...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.