A study for a 40 year old man who takes Rosuvastatin Zinc - from FDA reports
113 males aged 40 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 40 year old male patient who has High Cholesterol. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
113 males aged 40 (±5) who take Rosuvastatin Zinc are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 40
- Gender: male
- Conditions: High Cholesterol
- Drugs taken:
- Rosuvastatin Zinc (rosuvastatin zinc)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscular Weakness(muscle weakness): 0 (0% of males aged 40 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscular Weakness in High Cholesterol : 266 (5.86% of males aged 40 (±5) who have High Cholesterol)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscular Weakness in Rosuvastatin Zinc: 0 (0% of males aged 40 (±5) who take Rosuvastatin Zinc)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Stable angina (a constant chest pain)
- Muscle aches (muscle pain)
- Nephrotic syndrome (kidney disease with proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia, and oedema)
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Eosinophilia (eosinophil count in the peripheral blood exceeds)
- Acute kidney failure
- Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin resulting from direct irritation by an external agent or an allergic reaction to it)
- High blood pressure
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure : 21 people, 18.58%
- Diabetes : 13 people, 11.50%
- Hiv Infection : 11 people, 9.73%
- Type 2 Diabetes : 11 people, 9.73%
- Pain : 10 people, 8.85%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (24 people, 21.24%)
- Zolpidem (10 people, 8.85%)
- Darunavir (9 people, 7.96%)
- Sertraline (8 people, 7.08%)
- Lantus (8 people, 7.08%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone:
What are the drugs?
- Rosuvastatin zinc has active ingredients of rosuvastatin zinc. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Rosuvastatin zinc 9 users)
What are the conditions?
- High cholesterol can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Atorvastatin calcium (latest reports from 308,438 High cholesterol patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Muscular weakness (muscle weakness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 349,895 Muscular weakness patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Tan J, Pretorius CF, Flanagan PV, Pais A, "Adverse drug reaction: rosuvastatin as a cause for ischaemic colitis in a 64-year-old woman", BMJ case reports, 2012 Jun .
- Tan J, Pretorius CF, Flanagan PV, Pais A, "Unexpected outcome (positive or negative) including adverse drug reactions: Adverse drug reaction: rosuvastatin as a cause for ischaemic colitis in a 64-year-old woman", BMJ Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
Recent general studies
- Soy Isoflavone and Radix Glycyrrhizae drug interaction - now
- Will you have Hyperreflexia with Ofloxacin? - now
- Will you have Colon Cancer Stage Ii with Enbrel? - a second ago
- Avodart and Xalkori drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Tenecteplase with Psoriatic Arthropathy? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Amphetamine Salt Combo, Melatonin, Remeron, Pantoprazole - 10 minutes ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Adderall - an hour ago
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Rythmol Sr - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Klonopin - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Tamoxifen Citrate, Livalo - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.