A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Trimethoprim - from FDA reports
154 females aged 20 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 20 year old female patient who has Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
154 females aged 20 (±5) who take Trimethoprim are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 20
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Uti
- Drugs taken:
- Trimethoprim (trimethoprim)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Vaginal Discharge: 3 (1.95% of females aged 20 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Vaginal Discharge in Uti (urinary tract infection): 0 (0% of females aged 20 (±5) who have Uti)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Vaginal Discharge in Trimethoprim: 3 (2.01% of females aged 20 (±5) who take Trimethoprim)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine)
- Mouth haemorrhage (bleeding from mouth)
- Gingival erythema (redness of gums)
1 - 6 months:
- Gastric ulcer (stomach ulcer)
- Cytomegalovirus infection
6 - 12 months:
- Abortion spontaneous (naturally occurring miscarriage)
1 - 2 years:
- Abortion spontaneous (naturally occurring miscarriage)
2 - 5 years:
- Cholecystitis (infection of gallbladder)
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Choledocholithiasis (stones in the common bile duct)
- Pregnancy with implant contraceptive
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control : 17 people, 11.04%
- Preventive Health Care : 7 people, 4.55%
- Genital Herpes (herpes infection of genital): 7 people, 4.55%
- Seasonal Allergy (allergic condition due to certain season): 6 people, 3.90%
- Acarodermatitis (skin inflammation caused by mites (acarids)): 6 people, 3.90%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diclofenac Sodium (28 people, 18.18%)
- Nitrofurantoin (14 people, 9.09%)
- Tramadol Hydrochloride (12 people, 7.79%)
- Yasmin (12 people, 7.79%)
- Yaz (11 people, 7.14%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Chlamydia/neisseria gonorrhoeae rna, tma ($152.00) Add to cart
- Cytomegalovirus (cmv) antibodies, igg ($92.00) Add to cart
- Cytomegalovirus (cmv) antibodies, quantitative, igm ($82.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Hepatitis b core ab (+/-), total ($112.00) Add to cart
- Hepatitis b surface antigen w/reflex confirmation ($53.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
What are the drugs?
- Trimethoprim has active ingredients of trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Trimethoprim 4,780 users)
What are the conditions?
- Uti (urinary tract infection) can be treated by Cipro, Macrobid, Bactrim, Nitrofurantoin, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride (latest reports from 123,858 Uti patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Vaginal discharge has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 7,838 Vaginal discharge patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Trimethoprim side effects (4,490 reports)
You may be interested in these posts
- Used trimethoprim for recurrent UTI-s and diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2015.
- My names lucy I'm 17 :)
- My name is Matt and have been prescribed Trimethoprim. 200ml twice a day. This is my first experience with the drug. I’m 55 and have rarely required medication to treat an illness. I am 3 days into my course of antibiotic and feel quite peculiar. I can concur with those who experience...
- My client has suddenly died after 2 days of treatment with Trimethoprim. Doctors are still unsure of death reason.
- Just started trimeprim and I'm on fluxotine for post natal depression, and codeine for a serious back condition, and o can't stop vomiting, what shall I do? I need help asap.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.